2 Goal Comdbacks

So after the comeback at Deepdale last night it had me wondering when was the last time we came back from 2 goals down to get anything from a game?

I did a bit of research and this is what I found..

The last time Wednesday came back to get anything from a game when 2 down (3-1) to be precise, was:

Sheffield Wednesday 3-3 Southampton 23/12/06

Whelan and THAT header from Mark Crossley in injury time in front of the kop.

Now, that's all good but when was the last time away from home I heard you ask??

This mighty feat came a mere 7 years and 3 months ago:

Sflaphorpe United 2-2 Sheffield Wednesday 06/12/03

Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu and Grant Holt banging in another in injury time; but this was in the Fa Cup so now I will astound you with another fact..

A two goal come back in the league away from home came (probably) in the early to mid nineties because the records I looked at only showed up until the 97/98 season so if anyone could enlighten the Owlstalk readers and myself I'm sure it would be appreciated.

:biggrin:

So after the comeback at Deepdale last night it had me wondering when was the last time we came back from 2 goals down to get anything from a game?

I did a bit of research and this is what I found..

The last time Wednesday came back to get anything from a game when 2 down (3-1) to be precise, was:

Sheffield Wednesday 3-3 Southampton 23/12/06

Whelan and THAT header from Mark Crossley in injury time in front of the kop.

Now, that's all good but when was the last time away from home I heard you ask??

This mighty feat came a mere 7 years and 3 months ago:

Sflaphorpe United 2-2 Sheffield Wednesday 06/12/03

Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu and Grant Holt banging in another in injury time; but this was in the Fa Cup so now I will astound you with another fact..

A two goal come back in the league away from home came (probably) in the early to mid nineties because the records I looked at only showed up until the 97/98 season so if anyone could enlighten the Owlstalk readers and myself I'm sure it would be appreciated.

biggrin.gif

flippingarfa job

dry.gif

Guest East_Dene_Owl

The comeback against Reading from been 2-0 down to win 3-2 was a cracker, about 2003 if I remember right and it was Sibons last goal and game for us I believe.

Guest Deleted member

For the sake of the interminably dense...

There was a 'comeback' thread last night...

There was a 'comdback' thread tonight.

Hence the whoooosh

The only one i can clearly remember was:

Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 Reading.

2-0 down at half time.

Chris Turners' first game?

Chris Turner's first game was away at Norwich and we lost something like 3-0. I don't think Turner won for about 10 games did he?