Short & To The Point

The Sheffield Wednesday fans are very demanding - and rightly so. If we are performing on the pitch then there is no better place to be playing, but if the performances are below what the fans expect then they are going to let you know about it. That's totally right because they pay their money to come through those turnstiles, to see their team perform, and we have to step over that white line and produce for them.

Leicester are our opponents on Saturday and they will be tough opposition. But it doesn't matter who we are playing, we just have to make sure our performances give us every chance of a win.

Hopefully he's not alone in thinking that...

"Louisa" replied to his blog thus, on the BBC site:

"Not a good week then ! I hope no-one gives you too much hassle in the comments this week on here ?!

We were at Reading last Saturday and agree it was awful. We stayed til the end but loads of people disappeared around us just after half time. The journey back to Lincoln was long&drawn out, miserable and very quiet ( and that's saying something considering we had our two kids plus two extra in the car as well !)

Still, we plan to be at every game now until the end of the season. Work has been rearranged and parents sorted to look after the kids on the night matches and hotels booked for far away games including next week at Swansea so the support is there from us and will be until the end... and hopefully we'll be happy come May :-/

I'm actually really looking forward to Saturday and hope that there are lots of positive thoughts and support for you all. I can't stand listening to negativity during a game , it can't do you lot on the pitch much good - I had someone next to me moaning and groaning about a player and yet they didn't even know that players name - I just listened and kept quiet. There are plenty of us there who believe in and support you all !!

Lets hope this week proves successful - we couldn't be at the away game in December - we were at a wedding ( someone was receiving text updates from under the tablecloth during the reception and lots of groans passed around the table ) Lets hope it's not like that this week !!! You're all much better than that now ...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU ON SATURDAY !!"

Good on ya, Lou!

UTO!

People who comment on there saying "why weren't the players in on sunday? good hard work out will do them good" and all that have clearly never competed at a top level in any sport. The most important thing is that the day after a match/competition, whatever the result, you rest, you let your body and mind come down from the big day where you've been pumped up, and the next day the hard work starts. I'm sorry, but it just really grates on me when people think training 20 hours a day or something is going to help. It won't.

I would say that the one thing we do 'demand' is 100% effort and when we feel we're not getting that we let the players know, and rightly so.

I remember a couple of years ago, we were beaten 3-0 by Birmingham at home but we gave it everything we had and the players were clapped off the field.

100% agree.

I'm a realist, I understand that we're not going to win every single match, I even accept that some days we will have off days and not play well, but I expect (every time I watch the team play) them to at least try.