"Preparing 'hero' shirts for Saturday"

Guest Deleted member

In fact all the evidence im seeing from that group of w****ers on the pitch is that Im gonna be increasingly mardy now for the rest of the season

Guest Walkley_Owl

are you going to be mardy all week?

ffs

All I know is they want someone to collect money for the troops. Thats good enough for me.

Ive no idea what the hero thing is - whether its a charity - whether its for ALL troops or just afghan ones.

And before you aks if Im gonna be mardy all week - yes i rumbleing am. if you'd been at Reading you would be the same.

Help4Heroes is a national charity mate, supporting all troops in the BAF.

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

the point is outside of Owlstalk and Owlsonline etc how many others know about it?

People are not supposed to know about it yet as the press has been embargoed for various reasons.

There was a sneak-peek yesterday and there will be a little bit more about it later, with full press after.

And yes, Grandad, I will be mardy all week - funnily enough I/we are all a little cheesed off with the result/performance from Saturday too. Plus it doesn't help when people who don't know the full facts continuously moan by proxy on behalf of others, who they probably don't even know who they are, when a lot of hard work is happening in the background.

Guest Deleted member

And yes, Grandad, I will be mardy all week - funnily enough I/we are all a little cheesed off with the result/performance from Saturday too. Plus it doesn't help when people who don't know the full facts continuously moan by proxy on behalf of others, who they probably don't even know who they are, when a lot of hard work is happening in the background.

Stop speaking in riddles man and come out with it - I havent the faintest idea what you are talking about

Hmmm, heroes!

And to be honest I think its a total disgrace that ANY Wednesday player will be wearing a shirt on Saturday that has the word HERO on it. I fully understand the reasons etc but when a collective of football players who are being paid amounts of money the likes of the REAL HEROES can only dream about cannot show even the most basic amount of respect to the supporters funding their outrageously lucrative lifestyles - it makes me want to puke.

That's kind of what I was trying to say.

And to be honest I think its a total disgrace that ANY Wednesday player will be wearing a shirt on Saturday that has the word HERO on it. I fully understand the reasons etc but when a collective of football players who are being paid amounts of money the likes of the REAL HEROES can only dream about cannot show even the most basic amount of respect to the supporters funding their outrageously lucrative lifestyles - it makes me want to puke.

I understand where you are coming from but i just look at it the same as the Childrens Hospital sponsorship. Doesn't mean they are crocked teddy bears (Jeffers excluded)

Edited by goh

Guest Manwithastick

People are not supposed to know about it yet as the press has been embargoed for various reasons.

There was a sneak-peek yesterday and there will be a little bit more about it later, with full press after.

Stop speaking in riddles man and come out with it - I havent the faintest idea what you are talking about

Don't you get it Nigel? Nobody on here is in possession of their own brain - we've been hoodwinked by that nasty duo over at Chesterfield to do their nefarious bidding. We don't have thoughts of our own, and if they did they would surely be

'tra-la-lah. All is well. Potter is better than Beckham and Leon is the new Shearer. Tudders is the happiest man i've ever seen'.

Here's another photo based tip for you James; you're beginning to sound like this man:

Posted Image

Guest Manwithastick

I will help do this - and I will donate the matchday ticket to the first person who puts £20 in the bucket

i'm also in and will do the same as this.

What a Joke.......................................

This clubs PR is turning in to..

I am not sure what this Hero thing is about but why leak it in to the public domain but yet have a press embargo????????/

Is Lee saving it for a big announcement tomorrow on Radio Pig?

Maybe it will distract from other questions................................................i think not...

What a Joke.......................................

This clubs PR is turning in to..

I am not sure what this Hero thing is about but why leak it in to the public domain but yet have a press embargo????????/

.... do you understand how PR works?!

Guest Manwithastick

Is he saying that your integrity is intact, Jim?

nope. he's reading out the list of apologies for your non attendance at Wednesdayite board meetings.

But whilst we're on the subject of my integrity (def: Integrity as a concept has to do with perceived consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcome.), tell me James why you think i have none?

Actions - i think my actions speak for themselves in so far as what i am prepared to DO for this club and it's supporters. What have YOU done? What have YOU given? What are your actions?

Values - I value honesty and truth at ALL levels. My values led ME to shout up at the AGM last year regarding the reppointment of Ken Cooke. Lee Strafford didn't even want to discuss the situation as he knew he already had the proxy votes

weighed in. That doesn't make it right and i won't have the rights of SWFC shareholders trampled upon by ANYONE. I also value actions as well as words - that's why I paid for the coast 2 coast shirts to be printed out of my pocket when the club

refused siting 'other priorities'. We can only be thankful that the club can see past those 'other priorities' to have the HFH logo printed.

Methods - well my method tends to be to back up what i say - if i say i'll give up my time or money for something i do it. I don't make promises i can't keep (then claim never to have said it or blame my previous incarnation)

Measures - considering the number of portions of club pie and peas i've managed to scoff, i measure up pretty big.

Principles - See, this is where i differ in opinion on a few matters with some on here. I think if Wednesdayite representitives are told something by the person responsible at the club then they should be able to believe it and not have it totally

contradicted then explained away further down the line. If there's even a smidgen of a chance you won't be able to deliver on something or might have to back track on something then just don't say it. Then you won't have to spin it out when

you fail to deliver or go against what you've previously said. I think that's important. Thankfully (for some) most on here don't seem to agree.

Expectations - i just expect honesty. I don't expect (sometimes frankly incredible) excuses/reasoning. I don't expect to be labelled and belittled just because i don't happen to agree with something and have the temerity to say so. I expect to

be able to question and critcise without and orchastrated effort at smearing me (and earning me several verbal and physical threats into the bargain). I expect an online independent forum to be just that - independent.

Outcome - who knows? i hope it's what we've been led to expect - success. It sure as sh!te isn't by any stretch at the moment.

I'm sure you'll level criticism that i 'betrayed a trust' at me now - i didn't. It would be nice to have the support of those other Wednesdayite directors who were in the same meeting who can confirm that i didn't betray any trust. I'd also hope

that they as both directors and as a group are as dissappointed as me with the outcome of that meeting considering what has happened since. It'd be nice, but i'm not losing any sleep over it.

I'm sure you'll accuse me of being best buddies and a mouth piece for Ashley Carson (even though you know it isn't true and you know my real feelings about the man and you also know how i've happened to meet him once) - well there's not

much i can do to stop you saying it and people believing it. As i've said it has earned me a couple of threats recently from some who no doubt have read your propaganda and believed it. Of course i was really 'in' with AC/DA i'd probably

sue you for damaging my reputation (and i do see the accusation that i am mates with them as damaging). Good job i'm not.