Relegation

If we manage to stay up it's gonna be a close run thing I imagine, decided in the last week of the season.

People would be happy but still upset that the players have let us down too many time during the season. Season ticket sales would probably not go up dramatically even though we were playing Championship football & AI would probably just let the out of contract players leave the club. The others barring the odd one will probably get another crack at it next season.

Even bringing in 3-4 players next season in the Championship we would be looking at best a mid table position but chances are we would be fighting relegation if things didn't go well over the first 2-3 months of the season.

Now here's the senario I am starting to think may be the best for us "to move forward together"

AI gives the lads a big kick up the arse and they start playing for the shirt BUT go down on the last day of the season. (hopefully we beat Utd)

The fans are encouraged by the late surge but still think they have been let down by this bunch of player over the season.

The club announce offers for reduced ST packages for ALL fans as an apology for the dismal season we have witnessed. All the Out of contract players leave & 4-5 of the current squad are allowed to speak to championship/Prem (Grant) so funds can be made to AI for the new campaign in League 1.

AI signs 6-7 new players all up and coming who fans actually think will improve the squad and make us one of the favourites to win League one.

England go on to win the world cup (this is the made up part)

As the ST deadline is up untill the first game of the season fans have made a mid summer surge on back of the encouraging new signings & England WC campaign and we are on course for 18K ST sales due to the restructure of the ST deadlines/Prices.

On the eve of the season a Press conference is annouced and Lee Strafford is pleased to Welcome Club 9 Sports into the club as the investment process has been completed. This was on the back of the late influx of ST sales and positivity around the club and fans would have backed the club in a bid to return to the Championship at the first attempt

August 12 (or whatever)

Sheffield Wednesday 3 MK Dons 0

Freddie Sears 3

Att 31'234

Thankyou for your support.

Guest Sheff Owl

If we manage to stay up it's gonna be a close run thing I imagine, decided in the last week of the season.

People would be happy but still upset that the players have let us down too many time during the season. Season ticket sales would probably not go up dramatically even though we were playing Championship football & AI would probably just let the out of contract players leave the club. The others barring the odd one will probably get another crack at it next season.

Even bringing in 3-4 players next season in the Championship we would be looking at best a mid table position but chances are we would be fighting relegation if things didn't go well over the first 2-3 months of the season.

Now here's the senario I am starting to think may be the best for us "to move forward together"

AI gives the lads a big kick up the arse and they start playing for the shirt BUT go down on the last day of the season. (hopefully we beat Utd)

The fans are encouraged by the late surge but still think they have been let down by this bunch of player over the season.

The club announce offers for reduced ST packages for ALL fans as an apology for the dismal season we have witnessed. All the Out of contract players leave & 4-5 of the current squad are allowed to speak to championship/Prem (Grant) so funds can be made to AI for the new campaign in League 1.

AI signs 6-7 new players all up and coming who fans actually think will improve the squad and make us one of the favourites to win League one.

England go on to win the world cup (this is the made up part)

As the ST deadline is up untill the first game of the season fans have made a mid summer surge on back of the encouraging new signings & England WC campaign and we are on course for 18K ST sales due to the restructure of the ST deadlines/Prices.

On the eve of the season a Press conference is annouced and Lee Strafford is pleased to Welcome Club 9 Sports into the club as the investment process has been completed. This was on the back of the late influx of ST sales and positivity around the club and fans would have backed the club in a bid to return to the Championship at the first attempt

August 12 (or whatever)

Sheffield Wednesday 3 MK Dons 0

Freddie Sears 3

Att 31'234

Thankyou for your support.

Seriously what ever league we are in i think we need more than that, most of the player's here have let us down numerous times and when do you say enough is enough.

Seriously what ever league we are in i think we need more than that, most of the player's here have let us down numerous times and when do you say enough is enough.

Staying up and it will be same old same old with a relegation battle to enjoy with moaning fans.

Not sure what hes been smoking but I want some

ha ha :biggrin:

On a serious note.

If we do go down, next season will be very, very difficult.

Lower budget, clubs taking all better (not sure that is a word we can use with our players) squad members, apathy more so amongst fan base (until opening day hammering of Yeovil), PLUS, there are some very solid league one teams next year.

Charlton, Colchester, MK Dons, Leeds, Huddersfield, S'oton, Millwall

Guest Sheff Owl

Staying up and it will be same old same old with a relegation battle to enjoy with moaning fans.

It was also meant to say i think we need more than the suggested 3-4 player's.

even IF we were to stay up though

Do you seriously think Alan will keep the majority of these players ?

Surely he knows enough about their character now to know that he does not want to keep them

Grant, Simek, Beevers, Hinds, JOC, Macca...... only ones who would be up for the fight

Screw the rest

Edited by Glaser

Guest Sheff Owl

3-4 players ?

Yeah what you put in your thread.

I personally think we need more than 3-4 new player's.

These player's have let us down so much, i'm sick of it, if we keep with most of these and do stay up we will no doubt have the same poo next season, if we go down then can some of the player's here cope with it, after all League One is a tough league everyone will be out to beat the 'big team', in your face and all that.

When the going get's tough we knew we don't get up for it.

even IF we were to stay up though

Do you seriously think Alan will keep the majority of these players ?

Surely he knows enough about their character now to know that he does not want to keep them

Grant, Simek, Beevers, Hinds, JOC, Macca...... only ones who would be up for the fight

Screw the rest

It would be more difficult to gel a total new side in the Chamionship. And to find better replacements with a poor wage budget will not be easy.

If you think for one minute that promotion would automatically follow relegation, then you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

I agree - took us time to get out of League 1 last time and that was only via the Playoffs. Reducing ST prices is not the answer - we have been trying to give tickets away all season with the vain hope of boosting bums on seats / the dire atmosphere and largely failed. Fact is results Relegation would probably finish off many fans interest, attendances would be down from the very respectable levels seen this season (given the abject poo on offer) and most of our (tongue in cheek) "stars" would either be sold or would leave (probably for lower league clubs - their level). Relegation would also put us squarely back to where we were 5+ years ago with less chance of investment ever being attracted. In short, though it looks likely - Relegation would be a disaster.

Yeah what you put in your thread.

I personally think we need more than 3-4 new player's.

These player's have let us down so much, i'm sick of it, if we keep with most of these and do stay up we will no doubt have the same poo next season, if we go down then can some of the player's here cope with it, after all League One is a tough league everyone will be out to beat the 'big team', in your face and all that.

When the going get's tough we knew we don't get up for it.

Sorry thought you meant for L1.

yeh I agree, but at this rate I cant see us having much to spend on decent quality replacements the way ST sales are going.