Relegation

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

I'm deadly serious.

I dont think many will look forward to another Championship struggle with this bunch next year.

even fewer will be looking foreward to slugging it out in League 1 again

i despised being in that league

I agree - took us time to get out of League 1 last time and that was only via the Playoffs.

That was last time when the club was badly run. The Kuqi & Quinn fiasco along with a terrible manager scewed us up in that 1st year and month in L1.

Reducing ST prices is not the answer - we have been trying to give tickets away all season with the vain hope of boosting bums on seats / the dire atmosphere and largely failed.

Under the previous reign we managed to sell a good number in L1. The club should at least look at lowering the prices should we go down.

Fact is results Relegation would probably finish off many fans interest, attendances would be down from the very respectable levels seen this season (given the abject poo on offer) and most of our (tongue in cheek) "stars" would either be sold or would leave (probably for lower league clubs - their level).

With the possibility of being near the top of the table would get the fans back once they got over the upset of relegation. It probably is the best way to increase our gates the way things are going.

Relegation would also put us squarely back to where we were 5+ years ago with less chance of investment ever being attracted. In short, though it looks likely - Relegation would be a disaster.

Your talking like we are in a cracking position at the moment and the only way is up. Totally disagree but it's your opinion.

League one is a tougher place than the one we got promoted out of.

Peterborough were a GOOD side in that league. Yeh it wont be easy BUT it's up to AI to put together HIS side to be capable of challenging.

For all of you saying we would struggle. Whats the point of having another dire season in the Championship ?

Peterborough were a GOOD side in that league. Yeh it wont be easy BUT it's up to AI to put together HIS side to be capable of challenging.

For all of you saying we would struggle. Whats the point of having another dire season in the Championship ?

We've been in the Champioship doing crap for around 5 seasons now.

IF we were to go down we'd wipe off 5 years worth of football and it would take over 2 seasons to get promoted back up to do what we've tried to do over the past 5 seasons - survive and push on.

Its not worth it.

We've been in the Champioship doing crap for around 5 seasons now.

IF we were to go down we'd wipe off 5 years worth of football and it would take over 2 seasons to get promoted back up to do what we've tried to do over the past 5 seasons - survive and push on.

Its not worth it.

Just explain that little bit please ?

Guest Sheff Owl

Sorry thought you meant for L1.

yeh I agree, but at this rate I cant see us having much to spend on decent quality replacements the way ST sales are going.

Yep it's a shame really and maybe if these player's would give the fan's something back, then maybe a) we would not be in this mess and b) there could have been more ST's sold.

The player's have a lot to answer for.

We've fought for 5 years to stay in this league.

If we were to go down what would this spell in the CCC mean? Nothing!

We must not go down at all costs. It would be a disaster. We can re-group in the CCC, not League 1.

So our 9 years in the Premiership last time meant nothing ?

Guest Sheff Owl

We must not go down at all costs. It would be a disaster. We can re-group in the CCC, not League 1.

Hopefully without a lot of these so called footballer's we have at the minute.

There is NO WAY we can (fingers crossed we stay up) carry on with this playing squad if we stay up next season, they have seriously let everyone down, time and time again.

If we was losing but playing amazing, giving the effort, work rate, passion then i dont think people can complain be we are lacking all of the above.

even fewer will be looking foreward to slugging it out in League 1 again

i despised being in that league

I despise paying £30 a game to get hammered week in week out. Much prefer to go down, win for a change and pay £15 a game. While not having a good day out (yesterday for example) spoilt by 90 minutes every other Saturday.

At the end of the day I'm paying to watch Wednesday, whether we're playing Chelsea or Yeovil is irrelevant.

Absolutely spot on. Relegation would be a disaster, could wreck any real chances, however remote, of new investment, and it could be years before we get back to the Championship. It would also seal the worst period EVER in the club's history. We MUST stay up but it is out of our hands - other than going to the match, shouting (or crying) and buying season tickets for the uncertain new season, only AI with LS can do anything now.

I despise paying £30 a game to get hammered week in week out. Much prefer to go down, win for a change and pay £15 a game. While not having a good day out (yesterday for example) spoilt by 90 minutes every other Saturday.

At the end of the day I'm paying to watch Wednesday, whether we're playing Chelsea or Yeovil is irrelevant.

Prices for next season have already been set, whether or not we are relegated. LS has promised that the prices are fair for Division 1 in his appeal for us to buy season tickets early.