just found this predicting a 70% occupancy rate

giving 110 rooms used times £50 times 365 = 2,007,500

your example

you...but you get new tennents it..believe me i know this bit cool.gif

lets do some maths

even @ £50 per night = 150 rooms x 7 nights per week

with me so far???

equals £2.5m per annum

makes a rent of £1.5m seem good or do you not agree? If not please explain and ill promote you to Businessman 3rd class.....

already a shortfall of 500k and a projected profit of 500k Edited by darra

Only empirical evidence that they actually do...its something to do with start up costs and trying to write them off asap.......

a bit like you buying some teabags one week and not having to buy any the next week, even though you are still drinking tea.....

Don't you owe any money for your Tea Bags either?

No but id rather spend time answering any posts from Owls With a Brain (or Brian!) then think about the meaningless one line uneducated drivel you type...Ok?

He made a perfectly valid point. You keep contradicting yourself.

There are some Blades that are good at this kind of thing. You're not one of them.

Guest mickeybb

Posted Image

Use them figures, chuck in a bit of dinner etc and they are about right for where I would expect Copthorne Sheffield to be....not bad really for an old bit of carpark... :biggrin:

Guest mickeybb

Be honest:

Not a recent trait at SWFC but try....

IF Strappers said SWFC were builiding a large hotel at S6, I assume you would all cry nooo! we dont need that to bring us in money.

yes or no?

Be honest:

IF Strappers said SWFC were builiding a large hotel at S6, I assume you would all cry nooo! we dont need that to bring us in money.

yes or no?

Are you actually trying to say that you're happy that you have a loss making Hotel, and that you don't mind the fact that you've sold you're best players to finance it?

:biggrin:

Be honest:

yes or no?

you know what mate jokes aside I couldn't give 2 flying ones whether you have a hotel or not I certainly can't see it being a money maker genuinely who'd want to stay there on a wkend when you lot are at home?

Be honest:

yes or no?

I'd hope he'd take a look at the 18m debt its caused you and that it makes no money and make the decision then.

Strappers? How very childish.

Guest mickeybb

Are you actually trying to say that you're happy that you have a loss making Hotel, and that you don't mind the fact that you've sold you're best players to finance it?

If the two were connected i draw a parralllel......spend today for tomorrow is always a good idea... and no i dont particularly like KM but one cant say he isnt a fairly good business man...though if that makes a good sugar daddy to a football club is highly debatable.....

give ya that...but tis same poo poo different day really....hotels, of a certain quality do not lose money...its more a matter of how much the make....

PMSL !

Who the flip would actually want to stay at the copthorn ?

If your visiting the four biggest employeers in the city lets say, The council, NHS Sheffield Uni / Hallam or the Home Office

There is no way on EARTH you would stay at the copthorn.

I know this for a fact as one of my mates does consultancy and stays in sheffield. At the St Paul.

Its in a dump of an area and an arse to get to if you coming in via public transport.

If you out on the wee wee the Jurys Inn in town is in a better location, and the dirt cheap other hotels are as well !

The fact the place is LOOSING money, and hotels do go bust you know..............

Posted Image

your example

already a shortfall of 500k and a projected profit of 500k

from Copthornes 2009 accounts

Regional UK

RevPAR fell by 16.8% in Regional UK to £45.01 (2008: £54.12). There are no signs that the bottom of the economic downturn has been reached

yet as this is an increase on the 14.9% fall witnessed in the first quarter. Rate and occupancy fell at every property with one exception where

occupancy was flat. Consequently occupancy for Regional UK fell by 4.0 percentage points to 68.7%

so using those figures

occupancy of 68.7%times room rate of £45 times 365=1790325 or a projected profit of £217175 bit less than

you...but you get new tennents it..believe me i know this bit :cool:

lets do some maths

even @ £50 per night = 150 rooms x 7 nights per week

with me so far???

equals £2.5m per annum

makes a rent of £1.5m seem good or do you not agree? If not please explain and ill promote you to Businessman 3rd class.....

Edited by darra

Guest mickeybb

PMSL !

Who the flip would actually want to stay at the copthorn ?

If your visiting the four biggest employeers in the city lets say, The council, NHS Sheffield Uni / Hallam or the Home Office

There is no way on EARTH you would stay at the copthorn.

I know this for a fact as one of my mates does consultancy and stays in sheffield. At the St Paul.

Its in a dump of an area and an arse to get to if you coming in via public transport.

If you out on the wee wee the Jurys Inn in town is in a better location, and the dirt cheap other hotels are as well !

The fact the place is LOOSING money, and hotels do go bust you know..............

zzzzzzzzzzzzz! so you mate is a hotel expert cos he occasionally gets his bill paid.......PLEASE come back when you know WTF you are on about...... a bit of debate / banter is one thing....but tryingto teach fools anything is too much like hard work

Guest mickeybb

Note to Darra. Thats just the SELLING price of the rooms your using.

You forgetting the fixed and variable costs such as STAFF, Linin, washing , cleaning etc, heating.

:-)

Oh FFS do you not READ????

I give up

United are Bust.. The whole of S2 is gonna be a park and ride for the new 100 000 seater Swill

is that more like you wanna hear???

FFS your a clown!

Oh FFS do you not READ????

I give up

United are Bust.. The whole of S2 is gonna be a park and ride for the new 100 000 seater Swill

is that more like you wanna hear???

FFS your a clown!

someones losing the debate ......

I have just been hit on the head with a little childrens toy

zzzzzzzzzzzzz! so you mate is a hotel expert cos he occasionally gets his bill paid.......PLEASE come back when you know WTF you are on about...... a bit of debate / banter is one thing....but tryingto teach fools anything is too much like hard work

No i'm making the point that when ever i've worked with consultants on projects, NOT a SINGLE person has stayed at the copthorn.

No one Zip, Zilch.

These are people working for MAJOR multinationals, consultancy houses etc.

i've not yet met anyone who's decided to come to sheffield, took one look at the hotels available and thought, I'll stay at the copthorn at S2, its convinent, in a nice area and has good facilities.............

People have stayed at various places, numerous hotel, but not a single one at the copthorn.

So on a professional level, not a single person who i know, who's had to work in sheffied on 'site' has stayed it the copthorn.

It makes you think who IS actually staying in the hotel mid week !

Edited by Dark$ide

Guest mickeybb

someones losing the debate ......

I have just been hit on the head with a little childrens toy

Not at all - but there are enough Wendy on here that at least know a bit of sense...

Its not my job to educate the uneducatable...I thought you were a teacher or summat??

Anyway the key to the word "debate" is a reasoned arguement amongst equals....Im not right sure you're my equal to say the least.....unless Im suddenly a particularly simple farmyard animal....so go to bed and Hush! til you can talk with adults