We are not a good investment.

Guest mozzyblue

you...but you get new tennents it..believe me i know this bit :cool:

lets do some maths

even @ £50 per night = 150 rooms x 7 nights per week

with me so far???

equals £2.5m per annum

makes a rent of £1.5m seem good or do you not agree? If not please explain and ill promote you to Businessman 3rd class.....

depends what the occupancy rates are, your analogy supposes a 99% occupancy rate (158 rooms) every night which in any hotel is a big ask.

Because it is a debt against an asset :rolleyes:

like you buy your house and borrow some money to do so...

you might owe £100k against the house but the house is worth, say, £130k

well thats a little bit like building a four star hotel..the debt gets smaller over the years but the asset remains...If you really don't understand this, and are either too young or someting Ill try explain it a bit clearer later....

Surely you borrow £100k against the house?

If all you owed was £100k then you would have borrowed next to eff all.

For example

I borrowed £85k to buy my house

It's now worth £90k

I will pay back about £200k in total once the interest and the initial loan is repaid

That's how mortgages work

Darra

You missed out the chance to pay a visit to the site of Swine Cottage, now the home of the most massive club in the whole wide world...

just a simple tram journey can transport you from the heart of this vibrant city to the edges of a South Barnlsey Council Estate where the mighty Barcel...sorrry SWFC, ply their trade as the real Champions of Europe..

Don't be decieved by the semi derelict surrounds, this truly is the heart of Soccerball as played here since the last century..with just £xxxM of Your Money. You can be part of the revival of Soccerball in its traditionla far, sorry home....Owlerton...thats right its rhymes with Hole...

Did a little bit of wee leak out while you were typing that?

This is what you do when you're losing an argument.

Getting a little upset now aren't you.

:laugh:

Guest mickeybb

depends what the occupancy rates are, your analogy supposes a 99% occupancy rate (158 rooms) every night which in any hotel is a big ask.

naaa id taken that into account with the £50 room rate.....its like travel lodge do rooms for £19...you try and actuall get one at that price.....

Guest mickeybb

I'm sure they did at the time.

Now as it turns out to be making a loss, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

A fact you continually choose to ignore.

erm this is tedious....they will make a loss in the first years.....F&F are written off quickly.... do you really think that Copthorne PLC didn't actually look at the possibiliites? Or are you truly thick? I know which my money is on..... :biggrin:

naaa id taken that into account with the £50 room rate.....its like travel lodge do rooms for £19...you try and actuall get one at that price.....

got two a couple of years ago 4 miles from Heathrow when we flew to Canada actually iirc they were £15

Guest wincobankowl

I give up....T H E H O T E L is leased to Copthorne....its theirs to worry about

Are you 100% sure the hotel is leased???

Every other hotel that the copthorne manages on behalf of football clubs ie chelsea x2, Reading and Man Utd, the Clubs pay the copthorne for the benefit of their management expertise and pocket the revenues that this brings. that is generaly what a management contract is.

So the 'profit' is the revenues minus the management fee.

Therefore if the hotel is underperforming there is a very real risk that SUFC can lose money on this. This also seems to be apparent in your accounts.

Try googling SUFC copthorne agreement and see if you hit the words 'lease' or 'managment contract'.

Guest mickeybb

got two a couple of years ago 4 miles from Heathrow when we flew to Canada actually iirc they were £15

I had one for that in Plymouth City Centre on NYE, but i dont think there are many at that price in general....not that i can recall whether it was a room or a broom cupboard tbh :laugh:

erm this is tedious....they will make a loss in the first years.....F&F are written off quickly.... do you really think that Copthorne PLC didn't actually look at the possibiliites? Or are you truly thick? I know which my money is on..... :biggrin:

question

was the hotel planned pre or post recession?

All hotels make a loss in the first few years? You have evidence to prove this I assume?

Or just explaining your losses with a throwaway comment with no foundation or proof?

Say it enough times you'll start to believe it.

Still, at least you don't have to make any payments on something making a loss, what with it not being a debt.

Guest mickeybb

Are you 100% sure the hotel is leased???

Every other hotel that the copthorne manages on behalf of football clubs ie chelsea x2, Reading and Man Utd, the Clubs pay the copthorne for the benefit of their management expertise and pocket the revenues that this brings. that is generaly what a management contract is.

So the 'profit' is the revenues minus the management fee.

Therefore if the hotel is underperforming there is a very real risk that SUFC can lose money on this. This also seems to be apparent in your accounts.

Try googling SUFC copthorne agreement and see if you hit the words 'lease' or 'managment contract'.

give ya that...but tis same poo poo different day really....hotels, of a certain quality do not lose money...its more a matter of how much the make....

Guest mickeybb

All hotels make a loss in the first few years? You have evidence to prove this I assume?

Or just explaining your losses with a throwaway comment with no foundation or proof?

Say it enough times you'll start to believe it.

Still, at least you don't have to make any payments on something making a loss, what with it not being a debt.

Only empirical evidence that they actually do...its something to do with start up costs and trying to write them off asap.......

a bit like you buying some teabags one week and not having to buy any the next week, even though you are still drinking tea.....

give ya that...but tis same poo poo different day really....hotels, of a certain quality do not lose money...its more a matter of how much the make....

But your's is losing money.

You're just making this up as you go along aren't you…

Guest mickeybb

Yours is losing money.

Are you doubting its quality?

No but id rather spend time answering any posts from Owls With a Brain (or Brian!) then think about the meaningless one line uneducated drivel you type...Ok?