We are not a good investment.

Guest mozzyblue

FFS - It's not like we are applying for a new credit card.

Being a credit risk is only really an issue to lenders (who get little say in how a club is run).

The fact that potential investors are involved in long standing, ongoing talks with the club means that they don't give a throw about our credit rating. If they did, they wouldn't have come near us in the first place.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Guest mickeybb

Looking at that the blunts have a score of 30 and us 2 meaning that they are 15 times better investment than us with twice the debt,doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe cos SUFC debt is not real debt in the sense the SWFC's is?

NOT that any of you will see that because you don't wish to do so...You would rather make ill informed "funny" comments about hotels etc

NOT that any of you will see that because you don't wish to do so...You would rather make ill informed "funny" comments about hotels etc

not a dig mate just an observation as far as i'm concerned a debt is a debt no matter who it belongs to in that it has to paid eventually.

Oh, and there's one way to achieve a good credit rating.

Those who have had no credit find it hard to obtain since there is no record of their payment history.

Those that have had lots of loans settled and paid on time will get a good score.

That doesn't address those though with credit up to their eyeballs with a good record, with a 4,5m shortfall this yearl and having to sell the family jewels to pay the bills. Like we keep saying mickeybb, if you don't go up this season, poo poo time.

Guest mickeybb

not a dig mate just an observation as far as i'm concerned a debt is a debt no matter who it belongs to in that it has to paid eventually.

The thing with SUFC debt is that a lot of it is held to KM who just happens to also own most of the shares in SUFC PLC..so he is a bit between a rock and a hard place even if he wanted to reclaim the debt....

The mortgage on the hotel is a long term thing, and whatever the current trading situation for Copthorne Sheffield, hotel and leisure is usually a highly profitable activity..Copthorne msut see the potential or it would no doubt be Sheffield 2 Travel Lodge by now :biggrin:

Im not trying to big SUFC up or berate SWFC im merely adding some balance to the job...

We could be in for a long wait if this is true. We are way down the bottom of the list.

Worrying read.

http://www.equifax.co.uk/About-us/Press_re...AGUE_CLUBS.html

15 out of the 23 insolvent then. With QPR who have mega investment, and the Grunters with F and E grades respectively. The only team to have gone into administration is not at the bottom of the list??

Not sure what can be read into this data other than over 65% of the teams in the championship are in financial trouble. but how many of the 65% regularly attract 20k+ gates at home that is not massively dependant on league position.

There has been a lot of traffic on this site regarding the need to boost ST sales and the gates for midweek home games, which I guess will marginally improve some of the indicators that build the risk status of each club.

I have no expertise in company finance but I am sure someone who has will give me the benefit. :rolleyes:

Seriously look at some of the teams with us and the positions, It is saying that Blackpool are worse then Palace (who are in London and are battling it out with many other teams and in Admin) and look at Cardiff who have a £30 million debt and are trying to sell land they dont even own are considered higher then Swansea, who are much more financially stable and in a similar position. I would consider us one of the most attractive offers, take away the debt you see a tight financial model and enormous potential. We have good facilities, big support, big stadium and a unique famous name, Plymouth are up there because of a huge catchment area but look at some of the others, Sflaphorpe? Barnsley? Watford? ..above Newcastle too? :laugh:

Guest Anglofile

15 out of the 23 insolvent then. With QPR who have mega investment, and the Grunters with F and E grades respectively. The only team to have gone into administration is not at the bottom of the list??

Not sure what can be read into this data other than over 65% of the teams in the championship are in financial trouble. but how many of the 65% regularly attract 20k+ gates at home that is not massively dependant on league position.

There has been a lot of traffic on this site regarding the need to boost ST sales and the gates for midweek home games, which I guess will marginally improve some of the indicators that build the risk status of each club.

I have no expertise in company finance but I am sure someone who has will give me the benefit. :rolleyes:

Really not worth the paper they're written on. I don't know of anyone who takes those credit reports seriously. Throw the article in the trash!!

:biggrin:

Joe

The thing with SUFC debt is that a lot of it is held to KM who just happens to also own most of the shares in SUFC PLC..so he is a bit between a rock and a hard place even if he wanted to reclaim the debt....

The mortgage on the hotel is a long term thing, and whatever the current trading situation for Copthorne Sheffield, hotel and leisure is usually a highly profitable activity..Copthorne msut see the potential or it would no doubt be Sheffield 2 Travel Lodge by now :biggrin:

Im not trying to big SUFC up or berate SWFC im merely adding some balance to the job...

Again not a dig but some of our debt is owed to directors some ex and will not be paid until the debt reaches a certain level or we get promotion so they cannot reclaim the debt even if they wanted to.

Guest mickeybb

Again not a dig but some of our debt is owed to directors some ex and will not be paid until the debt reaches a certain level or we get promotion so they cannot reclaim the debt even if they wanted to.

Yeah so i see....IMO SWFC are not a bad Investment at all, as things stand right now; the potential cash-flow would worry me but I guess that early sales of ST will see that over and that's not an investment related matter...

All Equifax are is a Credit Reference Agency, as has been noted above.....SWFC and Co-op Bank seem to be onvery good terms so if I had the misfortune to be one of you Id not be swaeting on this.....

Disregarding the loans to the chairman, whats your bank debt?

Guest mickeybb

Disregarding the loans to the chairman, whats your bank debt?

Somewhere in the region of £6m,,,I not got the accounts to hand 'cos I do have better bed time reading..you can't add any business centre/hotel related monies to bank debts....