We are not a good investment.

Guest mozzyblue

Because it is a debt against an asset :rolleyes:

like you buy your house and borrow some money to do so...

you might owe £100k against the house but the house is worth, say, £130k

well thats a little bit like building a four star hotel..the debt gets smaller over the years but the asset remains...If you really don't understand this, and are either too young or someting Ill try explain it a bit clearer later....

Explain to me about cashflow :rolleyes:

Guest mickeybb

I don't understand why an 18m mortgage is not even slightly relevant.

aint the interest on a mortgage usually poo poo loads more than a loan?

If you mean the Rate No its not...if you mean anything else go to school and learn about money ffs!

Are you totally without any financial knowlege or just winding me up? (or trying to)

Is the 18m including interest or not?

If I don't pay my mortgage, i lose my house and am liable for any shortfall.

If you can't make payments, how do you propose you will make up the deficit on the sale of a loss making hotel in Heeley?

whether YOU class it as a debt or not, its still costing you money. A hell of a lot of money. And Trevor Birch calls it a loan and a debt, but YOU don't so that's alright.

Fingers in ears, eyes shut, La la la la la.

well thats a little bit like building a four star hotel..the debt gets smaller over the years but the asset remains...If you really don't understand this, and are either too young or someting Ill try explain it a bit clearer later....

ah right. so it does still need paying back then.

and presumably if the repayments cannot be met then the assets will be repossessed.

How much is a loss making hotel in Heeley that offers rooms for £50 a night worth nowadays?

18m plus interest?

I seriously, seriously doubt that.

Guest mickeybb

Is the 18m including interest or not?

If I don't pay my mortgage, i lose my house and am liable for any shortfall.

If you can't make payments, how do you propose you will make up the deficit on the sale of a loss making hotel in Heeley?

whether YOU class it as a debt or not, its still costing you money. A hell of a lot of money. And Trevor Birch calls it a loan and a debt, but YOU don't so that's alright.

Fingers in ears, eyes shut, La la la la la.

I give up....T H E H O T E L is leased to Copthorne....its theirs to worry about

You show me a hotel that opens in a reccession and doesnt make a loss initially...all the F&F are probably written off over a short time.....And WTF does it matter where it is? people chose city hotels on their standards not ther location....you really do know jack about this dont you? You're embarrassing yourself not me

Guest mickeybb

How much is a loss making hotel in Heeley that offers rooms for £50 a night worth nowadays?

18m plus interest?

I seriously, seriously doubt that.

That is why you are sat here and not running a hotel chain then...

it truly is hard to educate people that dont want to be educated..there are more than a few on OT that talk sense, and some even grasp a slightly Left Field view of "things" but as for the majority I really do see wht this country is the wreck it is.... to think they actually let you vote :mad:

just found this

http://weeksaway.wordpress.com/category/ch...a-of-the-north/

Don't Miss the Rocket to the Third Division

Can You Smell The Money?

Category Archives: Chelsea of the North

In here for news of the world empire & Hotel progression

Where did it all go wrong?

* February 4, 2010 – 19:58

* Posted in Chelsea of the North

* Tagged sheffield wednesday, football heaven, sheffield united, rotherham, yorkshire post, humour, messageboards, clown, facebook, relegation, investors, News, Daily Bullshit, Daily Bullshite, wednesday fans

* Comments (8)

Where did it all go wrong? I just cannot believe what I am hearing, I feel physically sick to the pit of my stomach after listening to Trevor Birch on Radio Sheffield tonight. Blue and white or more people born out of wedlock all around Sheffield will be planning street parties once they have stopped weeing themselves laughing at today’s news. 48 million in debt, 48 million in debt, 48 flipping million in debt, is this a illegitimate joke? We had it all just a few seasons ago we were building up an empire that would see us not only be in the premiership but compete in it, we were signing world class players like Brown, Tonge, Jagielka, Hulse, Stead, Beattie, Walker, Naughton, Kilgallon and playing in cup semi finals in front of sell out crowds at beautiful down town Bramall Lane, we were “Chelsea” of the North but now we are in ruins. Where has the money gone, we have sold players for millions and millions of pounds and what about the Tevez 18 million? Where the flip is that going?, I was quite excited when I heard that Trevor Birch had joined the Blades and thought that he was here to deliver investment instead it’s like finding out that Peter Sutcliffe is a Trannie hosting your Ann Summers night. Why can’t Chengdu take the hit or why don’t we sell them, the same with the Hungarian club? This is simply heart breaking (I’m crying and having bottom pains whilst I’m typing this) I’m not going anymore because I feel totally let down by the club and I wish Neil Warnock was here to sort things out. How can people say that United are run in the right way and a role model for other clubs when we are up poo poo creek, did they mean role model for Bankers?

One Totally pissed off Blade

Carla

Alan Smith Keen on Blades Move

* January 25, 2010 – 21:41

* Tagged sheffield wednesday, football heaven, sheffield, sheffield united, south yorkshire, rotherham, yorkshire post, facebook, zippy, rocket, relegation, News, Alan Irvine, Daily Bullshite, Barnsley, owlstalk, http://footysphere.tumblr.com/

* Comments (3)

You may find it a little strange that a club just one point away from a playoff place with a game in hand would sell arguably it’s best player but when you see that the club in question is Sheffield United then it comes as no surprise because history has shown that they are a selling club. In recent months many neutral observers have put the Blades debt at a staggering 50 million pounds, 50 million may appear to be a drop in the ocean compared with some of the staggering amounts owed by many premiership clubs but in the second division it is not sustainable without the need for drastic cut backs, you’d have thought SUFC would have learnt a thing or two from city neighbours Wednesday about the consequences of such debts but not wanting to be left behind United had to go bigger and better in a attempt to become top dogs but for all the glory had just one season living it large with the big boys. The recent sale of Matthew Killgannon the latest in a long line of star player departures will free up enough money to enable manager Kevin Blackwell to put in an improved offer for striker Alan Smith who is believed to be near to agreeing personal terms, the former Arsenal Striker who is now working for Sky TV is said to be keen on a move to Bramall Lane and although into his forties Kevin Blackwell believes he is the man to fire United back to the premiership but with the transfer deadline fast approaching United will be keen to get him signed on the dotted line.

Brothels,Match fixing Allegations & and Mounting Debts

* January 12, 2010 – 20:32

* Leave a Comment

They say things come in Three’s but at Sheffield United they seem to by coming by the bucket load with rumours of visitors to Hungarian Brothels coming out of Fenerbahce and club officials over in China arrested at the Blades sister club Chengdu over allegations of match fixing, fairness in football or should that be fairness in the Brothel and when taking back hander’s? After taking one up the back passage in 2007 from Carlos Tevez the Blades sought justice in the court rooms and after a two year battle were compensated to the tune of a reported 18 million pounds, So happy was hero goal keeper Paul Kennedy at the verdict he became a crack Lemsip Addict and is still banned from football to this day. So going into 2010 and what next for the Sheffield United world Empire, further football club purchases or does the arrival of Trevor Birch mean a rescue of the Bramall Lane outfit is about to be put into action? Time will tell but if reports of debts fast approaching 50 million pounds are true then the future of the clubs 4 star £15 million Copthorne hotel may be in doubt, one way of increasing the low occupancy rates may be to consider tenants from the DSS or to sell it out right at a reduced price to the likes of the youth hostel association. One thing that will have to be put on hold is the plan to purchase the disused spion Kop from steel city neighbours Sheffield Wednesday who recently closed down one of the biggest kops in the country due to the current lack of support but with United facing their own financial difficulties this ambitious plan may have to be axed.

Massive Financial Boost as United’s Hotel set for prestigious Award

* January 10, 2010 – 23:37

* Tagged football, sheffield, sheffield united, sheffield wednesday, south yorkshire

* Comments (3)

Sheffield United may have recently lost out to city rivals Sheffield Wednesday when the FA decided that Hillsborough was the preferred stadium in the city of Sheffield should England be awarded the 2018 world cup, a decision that shook the Bramall Lane boardroom so much it is still vibrating almost a month later. United however have had the last laugh as they could be in line for the prestigious Hotel of the year award 2009 after enjoy England.com put the clubs Copthorne Hotel through to the finals which take place at the Royal Hotel in Skegness on Saturday 02nd January 2010. Hillary Crabbe from enjoy England.com said the hotel ticked every box required and with its city centre location and nearby commuter facilities like the BP petrol station and James’s Cycles travel to visitor attractions like Norfolk Park and Heeley City farm was done with considerable ease. Rugby Supporters may also be interested in an overnight stay at the Copthorne Hotel as the Sheffield Eagles Bramall Lane Cladded Stadium is just across the road added to the fact that this 4 star hotel offers some of the cheapest rates throughout the city a stay for egg chasing lovers is a must. Hillary’s partner Colin Bean was also due to write an article but unfortunately he is still recovering in hospital after he was attacked and mugged by local Kurdish residents as he parked his car, Colin did say that as he was lying on the floor awaiting the ambulance he managed to get a glimpse of the hotel through his remaining eye and it did look very nice.

It's simple

United arn't in debt to the tune of £50 million.

It's just that they owe £50 million back at some point.

They dont need to sell there top players.........................they just want to.

Simple............................

mickey, you come on here like talking big like some financial wunderkind and belittling everyone else, yet you think a mortgage is not a debt. I assure you that a mortgage is a debt and if you don't pay your mortgage the debt is called in and you lose the asset, i.e your house. The fact that the house may or may not be worth more money than the initial debt is irrelevant, you have to pay the payments.

Whenever I've chosen a hotel I absolutely look at it's location and so does everyone else. You can get some ultra cheap hotels in London and new York but you wouldn't want to even go near those areas.

You don't understand the basics so stop acting like you're some business big shot, you're clearly not.

Guest mickeybb

If I borrow money to buy a house, who's responsible for making those payments to the bank? The tennants or me?

What if the tennants move out because its not worth it?

you...but you get new tennents it..believe me i know this bit :cool:

lets do some maths

even @ £50 per night = 150 rooms x 7 nights per week

with me so far???

equals £2.5m per annum

makes a rent of £1.5m seem good or do you not agree? If not please explain and ill promote you to Businessman 3rd class.....

lets do some maths

with me so far???

equals £2.5m per annum

makes a rent of £1.5m seem good or do you not agree? If not please explain and ill promote you to Businessman 3rd class.....

forgive me but didn't the hotel make a loss?

If so, which businessman would take on a lease on a loss making hotel in Heeley?

And your maths is commendable, but not based on fact, just guessing aren't you?

Guest mickeybb

Darra

You missed out the chance to pay a visit to the site of Swine Cottage, now the home of the most massive club in the whole wide world...

just a simple tram journey can transport you from the heart of this vibrant city to the edges of a South Barnlsey Council Estate where the mighty Barcel...sorrry SWFC, ply their trade as the real Champions of Europe..

Don't be decieved by the semi derelict surrounds, this truly is the heart of Soccerball as played here since the last century..with just £xxxM of Your Money. You can be part of the revival of Soccerball in its traditionla far, sorry home....Owlerton...thats right its rhymes with Hole...

If that woman from hotel inspectors visited the hotel at S2, to like sort out why it's running at a loss.

I recon she'd suggest turning the pitch into a nice garden, with some bench's and nice tables.

She'd also suggest getting rid of all the old tat :biggrin::biggrin:

lets do some maths

with me so far???

equals £2.5m per annum

So it's full every night is it? Edited by johnnyowl

Guest Ballinio

lets do some maths

with me so far???

equals £2.5m per annum

math's is fine, but first you need to get 150 people to stay there for 7 night's a week 52 weeks a year!!

Businessman you are not....

Edited by Ballinio

Guest mickeybb

forgive me but didn't the hotel make a loss?

If so, which businessman would take on a lease on a loss making hotel in Heeley?

And your maths is commendable, but not based on fact, just guessing aren't you?

Id take a wild guess at Copthorne PLC as those thinknig Heeley is a good place for a hotel....maybe you could enlighten me???