Missed opertunity for The Owls

Guest mozzyblue

poo poo stir? I thought I was making a comment on a thread, sorry you dont agree with it. All I am suggesting is that there is a possibility that Wednesday ignored the letter, if your suggesting this is impossible, I would like to know how you have proof of this?

And where is your proof to jump to the conclusion the club could have just ignored the letter - something they have never done (in the last 12 months) from my own experience?

You paid up your legal bills yet, our Ash?

Guest megaowl

And where is your proof to jump to the conclusion the club could have just ignored the letter - something they have never done (in the last 12 months) from my own experience?

You paid up your legal bills yet, our Ash?

What? I dont have any proof. I never said that wednesday ignored the letter did I? I said it is a possibility since you and I dont know why a response was never recieved.

Guest intercity0wl

I did not realise that when sending a letter it was upto you to follow it up with a second method of communication.

Its not, but common sense would tell you to follow it up if no reply was recieved.

Guest megaowl

So, you happily give something to Royal Mail and trust them with it do you? Good to see Chesterfield are in good hands :biggrin:

Yes I do. I have never in my life sent a letter or parcel that has not been recieved.

I did not realise that when sending a letter it was upto you to follow it up with a second method of communication.

very, very standard practice. Particularly if a reply isn't received.

It helps eliminate problems such as - shock horror - misplaced / unreceived letters.

Yes I do. I have never in my life sent a letter or parcel that has not been recieved.

Assay, assay!

Just wait until you do send a letter or a parcel one day and it is never received - you'll regret not using special delivery. Given Royal Mail admit to losing 10k of their handling a week, the law of averages says its just a matter of time.

Perhaps you can send your cheque for Daz's legal bills via special delivery - he's been waiting a while, perhaps the last cheque got lost in the post?

Guest thetruthisoutthere

i send out about 500 a month through ebay sales and i guarantee you they lose between 5 and 20 a month of mine

most i send by first class post in padded envelopes

around 50 per month by 1st class recorded delivery

Claiming from the post office is a full time job in itself, although i gotta say as long as you do the right paperwork and wait the full 4-6 weeks they always pay up

I think people are being a bit unfair here - there seems to be an attitude of "well, OBVIOUSLY it was lost in the post", as if when you send a letter its more likely to be lost than delivered. I sold thousands of records on ebay, and not a single one was undelivered by Royal Mail, and as far as I know no letters I have ever sent have been undelivered.

Of course its a possibility, but its actually just as likely that someone at S6 screwed up. But this is where a follow up email or phone call would have been useful - if someone had received the letter but filed it wrong or mislaid it, then they may have needed a reminder or a nudge in the right direction. If no letter had been received, then problem solved.

Guest megaowl

I think people are being a bit unfair here - there seems to be an attitude of "well, OBVIOUSLY it was lost in the post", as if when you send a letter its more likely to be lost than delivered. I sold thousands of records on ebay, and not a single one was undelivered by Royal Mail, and as far as I know no letters I have ever sent have been undelivered.

Of course its a possibility, but its actually just as likely that someone at S6 screwed up. But this is where a follow up email or phone call would have been useful - if someone had received the letter but filed it wrong or mislaid it, then they may have needed a reminder or a nudge in the right direction. If no letter had been received, then problem solved.

Well put. Think people were to quick to assume I meant some evil employee at S6 recieved the letter and released a demonic laugh while watching it burn in an open fire on the night of a full moon. Just a suggestion that there may have been a mistake, the letter was recieved and no action was taken.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Well put. Think people were to quick to assume I meant some evil employee at S6 recieved the letter and released a demonic laugh while watching it burn in an open fire on the night of a full moon. Just a suggestion that there may have been a mistake, the letter was recieved and no action was taken.

Hows the lone ranger doing Tonto ?

Guest megaowl

Hows the lone ranger doing Tonto ?

Was Tonro a blade? I heard about some legal action with an american or something what happened to him?