Missed opertunity for The Owls

Guest mozzyblue

If you class that as proof I hope you never get called up for jury service.

Which proof are you refering to? On the balance of probabilty (civil) or beyond all reasonable doubt (criminal).

As this would be a "civil" issue, based on the Clubs long history (as evidenced by statements from other people who have always received a response to these letters), on the balance of probabilities, the letter was lost in the post.

I think people are being a bit unfair here - there seems to be an attitude of "well, OBVIOUSLY it was lost in the post", as if when you send a letter its more likely to be lost than delivered. I sold thousands of records on ebay, and not a single one was undelivered by Royal Mail, and as far as I know no letters I have ever sent have been undelivered.

Of course its a possibility, but its actually just as likely that someone at S6 screwed up. But this is where a follow up email or phone call would have been useful - if someone had received the letter but filed it wrong or mislaid it, then they may have needed a reminder or a nudge in the right direction. If no letter had been received, then problem solved.

So, far you have been a lucky man! I work in a Solicitors Firm, so I have a loads of files of correspondence going out to people. If it needs a response, and I havent got one then I will call and chase and some of the time the letter hasn't been received.

I'm sorry but I find it totally unbelievable that if SWFC got a letter asking for donations for a raffle in aid of such a worthy cause (and they have a track record of donating goods), then they would simply look the other way and not even reply.

I think ODA got it right at the start of the topic, why instead of enquiring with the Club as to if they got a letter etc, does the originial poster think its a good idea to spread a half story all over the messageboard? Especially then to try and bring rivalry with another club into a matter that has no bearing on whatsoever, doing charitable work isn't a d!ck measuring contest between clubs, so what does it matter what SUFC donated or didn't? Seems a little mischievous to me. Surely it would be a better idea to ring/email the club, or get in touch with say James on here, and follow up your enquiry then.

Mybe we responded to the letter but that got lost in the post?

The royal mail lose tens of thousands of items every week

Maybe the letter got to the postman to deliver but they couldn't find his mate.

The Royal Mail lose thousands of males every week.

I've got a mate (and I use the term "mate" losely as he is a blade.) He is in a band and was doing a charity gig last Friday night at The Moorfoot Tavern in aid of The Childrens Hospital and Cancer Research.

Now this lad contacted SWFC (whose sposors are supposed to be one of the charities this was in aid of), and he contacted SUFC to ask if they would consider giving anything for the raffle in aid of the charities.

He got a reply from united and a few donations to use in the raffle, but SWFC didn't even bother acknowledging his letter, never mind offering anything for charity.

It is a shame we couldn't do anything for these two worthy causes, especially as one is supposed to be our sponosor.

Bit of a let down, and a little embarrasing of the club I thought.

What was the purpose of your post? What were you hoping fans were going to say in reply?

It`s just mischevious poo poo stirring. Take it up with the club, if you feel so aggrieved. Why does it need to be done in public?

I just can`t see any reason why you need/want to bring it up on here :angry:

Funny that. The Office did a raffle just before christmas for people in the army who got injured and it was a Blade organising it, so I wasn't surprised that there were Blades stuff as some of the prizes. I jokingly asked why no Wednesday stuff, but he said that he tried getting in touch but had no reply from them. I'm not saying they deliberately ignored them, maybe noone reads letters at Hillsborough :blink:

Guest Manwithastick

there's some serious blue and white tinted views in this thread. SWFC does not always help out these things - even when it's for SCH.

What was the purpose of your post? What were you hoping fans were going to say in reply?

It`s just mischevious poo poo stirring. Take it up with the club, if you feel so aggrieved. Why does it need to be done in public?

I just can`t see any reason why you need/want to bring it up on here :angry:

So...SWFC have email, fax machines, telephones, blogs, facebook accounts and a twitter account....yet the organiser, in this day and age, sent a letter?

:biggrin:

Two posts above sum it up.

OP plus some bottom dwelling Mud stirrers will make sure this Mole hill becomes Mt Everest.

there's some serious blue and white tinted views in this thread. SWFC does not always help out these things - even when it's for SCH.

Probably not, I would say sometimes they make mistakes or just don't have the resources (or cannot justify the cause).

But be honest Jim, it's highly unlikely that they just thought "nah f*ck it"

which was clearly the insinuation here.

Even if they couldn't help out, given the ethos that the club are trying to adopt, I would find it highly unlikely that they wouldn't even offer up a reply / reason as to why they couldn't.