Missed opertunity for The Owls

Guest mozzyblue

Guest mozzyblue

I've got a mate (and I use the term "mate" losely as he is a blade.) He is in a band and was doing a charity gig last Friday night at The Moorfoot Tavern in aid of The Childrens Hospital and Cancer Research.

Now this lad contacted SWFC (whose sposors are supposed to be one of the charities this was in aid of), and he contacted SUFC to ask if they would consider giving anything for the raffle in aid of the charities.

He got a reply from united and a few donations to use in the raffle, but SWFC didn't even bother acknowledging his letter, never mind offering anything for charity.

It is a shame we couldn't do anything for these two worthy causes, especially as one is supposed to be our sponosor.

Bit of a let down, and a little embarrasing of the club I thought.

I've got a mate (and I use the term "mate" losely as he is a blade.) He is in a band and was doing a charity gig last Friday night at The Moorfoot Tavern in aid of The Childrens Hospital and Cancer Research.

Now this lad contacted SWFC (whose sposors are supposed to be one of the charities this was in aid of), and he contacted SUFC to ask if they would consider giving anything for the raffle in aid of the charities.

He got a reply from united and a few donations to use in the raffle, but SWFC didn't even bother acknowledging his letter, never mind offering anything for charity.

It is a shame we couldn't do anything for these two worthy causes, especially as one is supposed to be our sponosor.

Mate I am not being funny but Wednesday will always help, you just need to ask the right people. Message me and I will sort it out for you. Edited by SheffieldGraduate

Guest mozzyblue

Perhaps he's just a trouble-causing pig?

Not at all. He has had a family member suffer from the big C, and this was a genuine gig in aid of the two charities. There were collections on the door, raffles and other bits going on.

Football can divide opinions, but this shouldn't be used as an excuse to have a go at someone doing a good thing.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Maybe we never recieved his letter ?

The royal mail lose tens of thousands of items every week

Guest mozzyblue

Mate I am not being funny but Wednesday will always help, you just need to ask the right people. Message me and I will sort it out for you.

Cheers for that.

When I see him I will ask him if he is doing anymore. If he is I will contact you.

Cheers fella.

Guest megaowl

Maybe we never recieved his letter ?

The royal mail lose tens of thousands of items every week

Strange that noone sems willing to acknowledge we simply did not reply to the letter.

Not at all. He has had a family member suffer from the big C, and this was a genuine gig in aid of the two charities. There were collections on the door, raffles and other bits going on.

Football can divide opinions, but this shouldn't be used as an excuse to have a go at someone doing a good thing.

I meant in terms of having a wind up with you, nothing nasty/disrespectful.

It seems very out of character under the new regime, and as said above, could be numerous reasons - SWFC not receiving the letter being one.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Strange that noone sems willing to acknowledge we simply did not reply to the letter.

how do you reply to a letter if you never got it in the first place?

And it seems strange that you're trying to poo poo-stir 2 posts into your Owlstalk life, Mega'Owl'.

As I said above, my work has been involved inn many a charity gig over the past 12 months and SWFC have given EVERY time, which suggests the club didn't just ignore this letter.

Guest megaowl

how do you reply to a letter if you never got it in the first place?

Is there any proof it was not recieved?

And it seems strange that you're trying to poo poo-stir 2 posts into your Owlstalk life, Mega'Owl'.

As I said above, my work has been involved inn many a charity gig over the past 12 months and SWFC have given EVERY time, which suggests the club didn't just ignore this letter.

poo poo stir? I thought I was making a comment on a thread, sorry you dont agree with it. All I am suggesting is that there is a possibility that Wednesday ignored the letter, if your suggesting this is impossible, I would like to know how you have proof of this?

Guest megaowl

Ask yourself what the likelihood is of them receiving a letter asking for something to go towards SCH and thinking 'Nah F*ck that'

Did he follow up with a phone call? Email?...

Did he contact the club afterwards?

I did not realise that when sending a letter it was upto you to follow it up with a second method of communication.

Both Sheffield clubs do absolutely loads for charity across the city and I'm sure receive many letters/requests for assistance on a weekly basis, law of averages says every now and then one will fall through the cracks.

Sleep well tonight in the knowledge your club is doing loads for charity.