AI's squad for Barnsley

When AI comes to pick the team for Saturday he may well be thinking - "What a bunch of ............."

However he might be thinking:

Grant - top 5 Championship 'keeper

Simek - ex fringe international coming back to form/fitness

Buxton - not a bad centre-half

Purse - solid/experienced championship player

Beevers - a season ago being tipped as future England player

Hinds - good squad player

Spurr - last season was highly rated up and coming prospect

JJ - very talented/erratic - how do I capitalise on the former

JOC - descent centre midfield workhorse

Potter - can I get him to venture over the half-way line?

McAllister - see JOC

Soares - 2 seasons ago up and coming prospect

Esajas - see JJ

Gray - very experienced ex-premiership player.............hold on though isn't he a L back?????

Tudgay - one of best players in Championship last season

Sodje - big centre foreward - my type of striker

Clarke - see Sodje

Jeffers - end of contract in summer thank................ but hold on......didn't he get 13 goals in 16 England U-21 appearances!!?

"So how come this squad is 23rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????? And by the way who's got the no.6 shirt??"

Guest chaferswfc90

When AI comes to pick the team for Saturday he may well be thinking - "What a bunch of ............."

McAllister - see JOC

Esajas - see JJ

Gray - very experienced ex-premiership player.............hold on though isn't he a L back?????

Clarke - see Sodje

Jeffers - end of contract in summer thank................ but hold on......didn't he get 13 goals in 16 England U-21 appearances!!?

"So how come this squad is 23rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????? And by the way who's got the no.6 shirt??"

6. Tommy Miller - lots of championship experience good goal record - how do i get him to be like that for this team!

This is my point exactly, the problem has been that the squad hasn't been playing to its potential. If they do then we shouldn't be anywhere near where we are, but for whatever reason they let their own standards drop, and so our league position dropped with them. AI's job now is to get them playing to their potential, and if he does then we will not go down.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Good post but he may also be thinking how the roger he's going to get their confidence back.

You can have all the quality in the world but with no confidence you're up against it.

Edited by Darkus Owlus

6. Tommy Miller - lots of championship experience good goal record - how do i get him to be like that for this team!

Exactlly chaferswfc - there's nothing wrong with the players. Ok they aren't world beaters but they certainly aren't sh*te like a number of posters on here would suggest. I have several Ipswich friends from down here and they feel Miller was a descent championship player - especially going forwards.

Guest Sheff Owl

Luke Boden - hmmm this guy is great why Laws never gave him a chance ?! :ph34r:

Said it before maybe he just was not good enough.

Then again who know's with Laws.

Really hope we get to see some player's come through with AI.

Guest owls_4_life

Grant - top 5 Championship 'keeper only player who shouldn't be ashamed these last 2 months

Simek - ex fringe international coming back to form/fitness good player needs matches

Buxton - not a bad centre-half not as good as Beevers/Purse IMO

Purse - solid/experienced championship player looks a bit better now

Beevers - a season ago being tipped as future England player needs a bit of confidence

Hinds - good squad player good player needs to learn that belting is not always the only option

Spurr - last season was highly rated up and coming prospect been shocking this season and needs to have a break from the side or we will go down

JJ - very talented/erratic - how do I capitalise on the former this man makes me tear my hair out, blows hot and cold far to often and has to distribution of a dead donkey

JOC - descent centre midfield workhorse one of the better players in our slump but usually looks average at best

Potter - can I get him to venture over the half-way line? don't get me started

McAllister - see JOC needs more games and could be a decent CM

Soares - 2 seasons ago up and coming prospect not seen enough of this bloke

Esajas - see JJ good player one of the few that can change a game for us but sometimes goes missing

Gray - very experienced ex-premiership player.............hold on though isn't he a L back????? Frustrating when he decides to go backwards but otherwise one of our better players

Tudgay - one of best players in Championship last season not looked as good this year but who can blame him when he gets service from the likes of Johnson

Sodje - big centre foreward - my type of striker frustrating when he bounds about like a headless chicken but does get into good positions

Clarke - see Sodje absolutely poo and needs to go to a club in league 2 to find his level

Jeffers - end of contract in summer thank................ but hold on......didn't he get 13 goals in 16 England U-21 appearances!!? remember his style of play doesn't fit in with us!

I've added my opinions of our team and tbh I don't think it's a case that they're not performing more that they're just not good enough

McAllister - see JOC

Esajas - see JJ

Clarke - see Sodje

Think you may have been slightly generous with some of your assessments. All goes to show the true strength of a team is being stronger than it's parts. Hopefully our new manager is the man to mold us into a team.

McAllister - see JOC

Esajas - see JJ

Clarke - see Sodje

Long time lurker in positive post shock - can Owlstalk recover?

Nicely put though, a little over optimistic in places, but hey why not.

Long time lurker in positive post shock - can Owlstalk recover?

Nicely put though, a little over optimistic in places, but hey why not.

pa⋅tron⋅iz⋅ing  /ˈpeɪtrəˌnaɪzɪŋ, ˈpæ-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [pey-truh-nahy-zing, pa-]

–adjective displaying or indicative of an offensively condescending manner

I've added my opinions of our team and tbh I don't think it's a case that they're not performing more that they're just not good enough

You may be right - however basically same team finished mid-table last season. So were they over-performing then or under-performing now? I daresay the truth is somewhere in between.