Sussex Owls

My girlfriend's at uni in Brighton, 5 years in and as a work in progress she's coming along well, she checks up on scores and Wednesday news now for herself, without any suggestion from me. Next step shirt, then match.

And depeched, I know this is the wrong area for this, but where in Hitchin have you tried getting United games on? We always got Wednesday matches on pretty easily wherever we went.

Dont tell me blunts exist this far south!!!!! thats the property value on the slide then!!! :biggrin: maybe depeched wants to come to a wednesday game on the fun bus!!!!!

There was a guy on the Littlehampton to Victoria train a couple of weeks ago reading the Green Un, and from glancing over, he spent a lot of time reading the Sheffield United page.

i live in sunny bognor regis normally try to get up to a few home games a season with my brother! Any televised games are always shown in the wheatsheaf if you ever struggle for anywhere to watch them

I heard the landlord was an owl. If there is a way to send personal messages on here we might be able to fix something up for a home or away game. Does anyone know how to? I normally go on owlsonline and I know you can send messages on there.

Even if 2 or 3 go its better than not going or going alone.

Guest Infamouszigg

I heard the landlord was an owl. If there is a way to send personal messages on here we might be able to fix something up for a home or away game. Does anyone know how to? I normally go on owlsonline and I know you can send messages on there.

Even if 2 or 3 go its better than not going or going alone.

Sorry for putting my nose in but you are asking is there a way to send messages.

If you hover over the message senders name (on the left) you will see a small downward pointing arrow.

Click on this and you should a drop down menu, one of which is send message.

Have a go at that might get you group off the ground!

Infamous Z

Im currently living in Worthing, but am from Brighton - there is a few Wednesdayites in Brighton, and we sometimes meet for the Sky games and have had the odd trip to games together.

Always up for seeing the boys when i can - if not playing myself or working of course!

Guest depeched

My girlfriend's at uni in Brighton, 5 years in and as a work in progress she's coming along well, she checks up on scores and Wednesday news now for herself, without any suggestion from me. Next step shirt, then match.

And depeched, I know this is the wrong area for this, but where in Hitchin have you tried getting United games on? We always got Wednesday matches on pretty easily wherever we went.

JFYI: In Hitchin I usually go for the Bricklayers Arms, the Angel's Reply, and the George pubs.....with success from time to time.

Trouble is, there's too many Arsenal/West Ham/Chelsea/Spurs/Man Utd/Liverpool fans living in Hitchin, ergo no landlord has heard of *any* club in Sheffield - but it's a cross I have to bear.

Anyway, here's a song from Ahphrodite's Child (featuring Demis Roussos - before he was famous) It's entitled 'Such a funny night'........and it *is* a funny night when I can get a Blades match screened in a Hitchin pub. :-)

Guest depeched

You go in those pubs and never seen the guys in Wednesday shirts? :blink:

I've never seen a Wednesday shirt worn by anyone in Hitchin (in or out of a pub) but I've seen a Blades shirt worn by a female. And yes, I had a lengthy chat with her.

If you care to visit Hitchin market on a friday there's a woman who sells football shirts.

Aside from the usual England/Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool dross she also has more 'obscure' stuff.

I managed to pick up a Swiss NT shirt at a bargain £1 a couple of weeks ago.

:-)

Guest depeched

Your not far from me. I am Upper Beeding.

Upper Beeding? Very nice.

I'll be down in the Worthing area for a few days. If I see anyone wearing an Owls shirt (or a Blades one of course) I'll say 'hello'

Good ol' Sussex by the sea...and here's a link to one of the most stirring 'marching band' tunes ever!

It comes with lyrics and assorted visuals depicting Sussex sporting activities.

Given decent weather I intend to visit Hove for some cricket, and possibly watch either Worthing United or Worthing.

Ya'll miss me, eh?

:-)

Edited by depeched

Hi to all you Sussex Owls , i live in Hastings, travel to about 10-15 games a season mostly away , every now and then up to Sheffield .i travel by car & train depending on which one is the cheapest . going Tranmere away next month train fare £32.00 return from Hastings so will be leaving car at home for this one. anyone who can arrange mini bus from the area please let us know .

Hi to all you Sussex Owls , i live in Hastings, travel to about 10-15 games a season mostly away , every now and then up to Sheffield .i travel by car & train depending on which one is the cheapest . going Tranmere away next month train fare £32.00 return from Hastings so will be leaving car at home for this one. anyone who can arrange mini bus from the area please let us know .

I lived in Hastings until I was 25, moved up to Cambridge around 9 years ago. I know from experience that it's a treck from Hastings-Sheffield.

it is a mission from down hastings/bexhill up to sheffield and being 100% honest its been a pretty grim season so far :sad: :sad: :sad: its not gone as well as we all hoped, but i want to get to a few more games i've stuggled to get to many this year mainly coz of work and i've not seen us win yet!!! seeing as ur from hastings i'd definitely travel up with you, i still cant work out how to do pm's but next time ur on ot let me know when ur going next and i'll try get a ticket or some time off work and travel up with u m8.

hi saywended i managed to do a pm to you so when you see this check your profile i sent you my mobile number so we can arrange some games i only wish i'd checked this page a while ago and got a ticket for the game 2moz :Dark Sad: :Dark Sad: still hopefully you'll get my pm and we can make the long journey to a few games soon take care mate UTO!!!