0114 number's for the ticket office

We no longer have 0114 numbers for the ticket office. The number to call is 0871 900 1867.

Making people ring for tickets on a 0871 number is very poor perhaps some would say sharp practice.

Most people these days have inclusive min. Packages either on their landline or their mobile so making clients pay 0871 rates imo is ‘naughty’

You are hardly flush with customers.

You don’t need one of these numbers for Non geographic purposes do you SHEFFIELD Wednesday

To my knowledge all 0871 numbers are ‘masked’ on to a landline so a 0114 number exists ( I think this is true it might not be ). Please check and if i am wrong state that to be the case and if I am right then publish the 0114 number. Thank you in anticipation.

Links that your customer relations people may want to read.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/aug/01/0871-premium-call-numbers

http://saynoto0870.com/

http://yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/cutting-business-and-third-sector-regulations/stop-having-premium-rate-0871-numbers-for-government-departments

There is no doubt in my mind that using 0871 numbers is sharp practice, it is crudely fleecing the customer. I am ashamed that my club use these numbers. There is no other reason than to make an extra profit from someone who is ringing to become a customer. For a football club to do this to it's loyal fans is shameful.

Can anyone remotely justify this practice?

Couldnt agree more.

Due to being on holiday meaning not being able to get Grimsby tickets i have called every day this week incase some had been handed back and must of spent over an hour in total.

I am annoyed that OUR club uses such numbers when all we are doing is purchasing tickets.

I wouldnt mind but when i called i was on hold for over 10 mins sometimes listening to some depressing music which was just racking up my mobile phone bill.

Poor really in my honest opinion.

Edited by King-Owl

The more I think about this the angrier I get! Community club??? Engage with the fans???? We're all Wednesday???

Yet we rip off our OWN CUSTOMERS who telephone the club to make a purchase or enquire about games.

It doesn't matter if it's a child ringing to see when the next Barney Owl comic is out (when is it btw) or a prospective client for a £30,000 box it is simply ripping off genuine customers. There can be no excuse and I'd like to hear someone from the club justify it.

The more I think about this the angrier I get! Community club??? Engage with the fans???? We're all Wednesday???

Yet we rip off our OWN CUSTOMERS who telephone the club to make a purchase or enquire about games.

It doesn't matter if it's a child ringing to see when the next Barney Owl comic is out (when is it btw) or a prospective client for a £30,000 box it is simply ripping off genuine customers. There can be no excuse and I'd like to hear someone from the club justify it.

I agree with you perhaps rip off is too strong but it certainly is making money without adding any value. especially when people are put on hold. My clients would certainly not put with it from me.

For the club to say if you ring this 'admin' number up we will direct you to an 0871 number is very poor and if they say it to me I will spend my money elsewhere.

Edited by Geedee

Phoning the number I posted above has never left me being redirected, I also know another 0114 number that goes through to the ticket office - don't want to get in trouble by posting it up though.

It's always frustrating phoning the ticket office though, many times it rings out or puts you on hold for a few minutes before cutting you off. Personally, I feel that we have lost custom due to the poor ticket office phone-lines.

Phoning the number I posted above has never left me being redirected, I also know another 0114 number that goes through to the ticket office - don't want to get in trouble by posting it up though.

It's always frustrating phoning the ticket office though, many times it rings out or puts you on hold for a few minutes before cutting you off. Personally, I feel that we have lost custom due to the poor ticket office phone-lines.

C'mon sam dish out the number to your fellow wednesdayites. How can you get in trouble and with who? ( or PM me the number and I will sell it on ebay post it Or more to the point come on Wednesday staff just post the numbers so that your clients and can buy your goods without being charged for the telephone call.

Edited by Geedee

The 0871 number simply helps covers the costs of manning the lines (along with the booking fee)

In the first instance, you should be put through to someone in the physical ticket office, but if that is busy then you should be redirected to the external call-centre, which is not cheap to run! Facilitating and processing telephone orders is expensive.

You'll remember the problems we had previously where the phone was never answered? Well, the 0871 number addresses that problem and there are charges applied for that, which need to be addressed.

If you want my opinion, you'd be better off not using the telephone ordering at all. I'd ALWAYS get tickets from the online shop in the first instance, which is free to use. Likewise you have the option of coming into the ticket office in person.

The 0871 number for telephone orders, I'm afraid, is here to stay.

Fair enough James.

To balance the argument a little, I'd always opt for online purchases as I live too far away to pop into the ticket office. I always seem to get a reply from the ticket office email within 24hrs too, so that's good.

Sometimes though, it's nice to talk too someone in the office who you can have faith in and trust to sort a query. A couple of questions if I may James;

1. How long is the contract with the 0871 firm?

2. Would it not be cheaper and/or better practice to employ a couple of extra staff to man the phones in the ticket office instead of the 0871 contract?

We no longer have 0114 numbers for the ticket office. The number to call is 0871 900 1867.

Making people ring for tickets on a 0871 number is very poor perhaps some would say sharp practice.

Most people these days have inclusive min. Packages either on their landline or their mobile so making clients pay 0871 rates imo is ‘naughty’

You are hardly flush with customers.

You don’t need one of these numbers for Non geographic purposes do you SHEFFIELD Wednesday

To my knowledge all 0871 numbers are ‘masked’ on to a landline so a 0114 number exists ( I think this is true it might not be ). Please check and if i am wrong state that to be the case and if I am right then publish the 0114 number. Thank you in anticipation.

Links that your customer relations people may want to read.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/aug/01/0871-premium-call-numbers

http://saynoto0870.com/

http://yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/cutting-business-and-third-sector-regulations/stop-having-premium-rate-0871-numbers-for-government-departments

The 0871 number simply helps covers the costs of manning the lines (along with the booking fee)

In the first instance, you should be put through to someone in the physical ticket office, but if that is busy then you should be redirected to the external call-centre, which is not cheap to run! Facilitating and processing telephone orders is expensive.

You'll remember the problems we had previously where the phone was never answered? Well, the 0871 number addresses that problem and there are charges applied for that, which need to be addressed.

If you want my opinion, you'd be better off not using the telephone ordering at all. I'd ALWAYS get tickets from the online shop in the first instance, which is free to use. Likewise you have the option of coming into the ticket office in person.

DJ1 do you think wednesday fans are that gullible to fall for and accept that corporate statement ( I presume this time you are speaking on behalf of the club as an employee ) . Please answer directly my original question.

That number should not be used- it goes through to an admin desk and if you get through they'll redirect you to the 0871 number.

But a little tip, when they redirect you, you will not be charged at the higher rate. You will still be charged at the 0871 number.

What about having a different 0114 number that isn't for sales, but is just for questions, queries, and sorting out problems?

For example if you order tickets online and there is a problem, then it is a bit off having to pay a premium to contact the club such that the problem can be resolved...

What about having a different 0114 number that isn't for sales, but is just for questions, queries, and sorting out problems?

For example if you order tickets online and there is a problem, then it is a bit off having to pay a premium to contact the club such that the problem can be resolved...

You can always email for free: ticketoffice@sheffieldwednesday.com, or pop into the megastore.