So, in one thread...........

What have we learned from tonight's fixtures?

Who played well, who needs to move on, that sort of thing.

I can't comment, I didn't go to the games, but those who did, what can you tell us after reflecting on the game you went to?

After reading all the tweets from those at the games tonight ...

It appears all our new signings played well and all the scapegoats (Reynolds, Daniel Jones etc) from last season didn't.

So I've learned that you can't get objective opinions from football fans ... Oh and Harewood missed a header, before being subbed early

I was really impressed by Maguire. Couple of great finishes and already had an understanding with Madine.

Enjoyed the first half immensely tonight. Reda was a beast too.

Maguire was great tonight in my opinion. Obviously playing in 2nd gear too. Was very neat and tidy and finished really well.

Must admit Senwar, that was the impression I was getting about Maguire, that he is something a little special. Derby fans were going mad when Clough decided to get shut of him.

Sad to hear Reynolds hasn't done himself justice, I'd like him to prove himself in the position he was known for with Motherwell

Guest BoomTownOwls

You can't learn anything from the first pre-season friendly and anybody who thinks different will never learn.

Semedo needs to stop taking local friendly matches so seriously before he really hurts someone.

lol

You can't learn anything from the first pre-season friendly and anybody who thinks different will never learn.

No but you can still analyse what you saw.

Must admit Senwar, that was the impression I was getting about Maguire, that he is something a little special. Derby fans were going mad when Clough decided to get shut of him.

Sad to hear Reynolds hasn't done himself justice, I'd like him to prove himself in the position he was known for with Motherwell

I was really looking forward to seeing him play. My mate is a Pompey fan and raved about him when we were linked and then when we signed him (he's bias due to his goal against Southampton tho!).

Agree with above too - not even in second gear. Thought he looked chunky - couldnt decide if that was timber or he's just stocky.

Promising tho - and I said since we signed him - he will score against derby.

I went to the wrong game (Sheffield FC), but still enjoyed it, it's only the first friendly, doesnt really matter how they play really, just a run out and get a bit of match fitness back

Although

Harewood - pay him to leave

Coke - Not only did this guy looked really really poor (and he is one who should have been busting it to impress), but what an idiot. All game, the whole defence kept screaming at him to sit in, but he kept wandering off. Rather have a can of Pepsi in the squad

Bennett - the worst footballer ever, possibly even worse than Beswetherick

Maguire and Madine linked up well. Probably our first choice front 2. 2 nice finishes from Maguire.

Reda is a machine and scared them sh1tless.

Amado had nice touch and passes but looked lightweight.

Mystery number 22 was excellent.

Jones was at this game (SPS)

Edited by Lostowl

Thanks for your constructive input.

We should all shut the flip up and wait until August to talk about the new players then?

Neil, close down the site until August mate.

Maguire and Madine linked up well. Probably our first choice front 2. 2 nice finishes from Maguire.

Reda is a machine and scared them sh1tless.

Amado had nice touch and passes but looked lightweight.

Mystery number 22 was excellent.

Jones was at this game (SPS)

Describe mystery number 22 please. Where was he playing, which position?

Was he on the right wing by chance?