Drissa Diallo

I love you and I miss you.

I miss your legs that were obviously stuck on the wrong way round. Your skills. Your shiny head. Your composure on the ball.

Remember when we used to have good foreign players like big Dris?

Reda Johnson- a poor mans Drissa Diallo.

x

0,,10420~2936929,00.jpg

His finest moment.

In the Play Off Final between Sheffield Wednesday and Hartlepool United, top-scorer Diallo started on the bench after injury had seen him miss the semi-final matches against Brentford.

As a second half substitute, Diallo stepped up to the mark to convert a late penalty, pulling Wednesday level and forcing extra time. In doing so, he became the first Wednesday player since Andy Booth to score 30 goals in a season.

Wednesday went on to win in extra time, with goals from Florin Radicioiu and Barry Horne.

Edited by US_Owl

If only we had him now - Charlton would be the team in second and we would possibly already be promoted!

Amen brother. We may actually have been automatically promoted on day one.

Remember the hat-trick he scored against Salisbury in the Cup? His cheeky smiles? I never agreed with the way we treated him after he pushed that referee over. The word legend is used too often, but this man is a stone cold LEGEND.

I think we should all put our favourite memories of Drissa on here, remember the good old days.

diallo_drissa_0002.jpg

His ill-fated debut for Blackpool.

In the 33rd minute, Drissa found himself on the end of a crunching challenge from Norwich City hard-Case Jamie Cureton.

Drissa bopped him on the nose, breaking Curetons face into smithereens (not pictured) and ending his career.

Diallo was banned for 2 matches.