Player Ratings

Westwood -  8  - Couple of outstanding saves

Palmer -  6 -  Defended OK but very sloppy in possession and missed a golden opportunity

Lees  -  7  -  Solid

Hutchinson  -  8  -   Commanding

Pudil  -  7  -  Steady

Bannan  -  6  -  Surprised he played after starting both Scotland games , looked a little jaded

Lee  -  8  -  Very impressive.........becoming almost a given these days that he will play well

Jones  -  6  -  I seem to be in the minority here but I thought he was poor first half , I want my holding midfielder to get amongst the opposition more , all he seemed to do was backpeddle into a space in front of the central defenders and do a passable impression of the invisible man.........second half was better when he got more involved

Reach  -  7  -  good game , worked hard , couple of poor final balls the only blemish

Hooper  -  6  -  Put a good shift in but too many "nearly" moments

Forestieri  -  8  -  Back to something like his best

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Would give Jones and Hooper 7's because they played well without doing owt special.

Palmer's miss wasn't an easy chance, although if he'd have just squared it , we had a player running in who would have been nailed on to score. 

Classic Fifa move...

Westwood: 7 - Was more commanding. Made a few good saves.

-

Palmer: 6 -  Ok but should've scored at the end. Sloppy with the ball at times.

Lees: 7 - An improvement on past games.

Hutch: 8 - Brilliant, especially playing through pain for most of the game.

Pudil: 6 - Not spectacular.

-

Bannan: 5 - Poor. Was playing out of position. Looked tired.

Lee: 7 - Was everywhere, as expected.

Jones: 7 - Had a quiet game but did the basics right.

Reach: 7 - Effective on the left wing, starting to see the best from him.

-

Hooper: 7 - Didn't create many chances but was an outlet. Caused the Huddersfield defence problems.

Forestieri: 8 - Best from him in a while. Hopefully he kicks on.

-

Wallace: 6 - Made a difference.

Nuhiu: N/A

Loovens: N/A

-

Carlos: 10 - Tactics spot on. 

Westwood 7- Two great saves in the first half 

Palmer 6- poor first half but improved in second

Lees 9- Won everything brilliant game

Hutchinson 9- see above

Pudil 7- possibly his best performance this season

Bannan 5- poor but may have still been tired from international duty

Lee 7- Brilliant throughout 

Jones 7- thought he backed out of some challenges in first half which he could have made but looked very good anyway

Reach 8- Will be a fantastic player for us 

Hooper 7- worked hard some great touches but was absolutely knackered by 70th minute

Forestieri 8- Very well taken pen, world class touch to set up the chance when he hit post

Wallace 7- Added a threat 

Nuhiu 6- Did what he needed to do well

Loovens N/A

8 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Whilst Bannan by his own admission didn't have a great game, I am always amazed at how he manages to put a foot in or slide for the ball and it sticks to him. 

He's great in those tight spots with opposites crawling all over him.

Westwood -  7

Palmer -  6  

Lees  -  6

Hutchinson  -  7

Pudil  -  6 

Bannan  - 6

Lee  - 7

Jones  -  6 

Reach  -  7 

Hooper  -  6

Forestieri  -  7

it seems a bit harsh that we beat a team above us in the table and i only give 4 7s out. as a team performance i'd give us an 8.

i think we played really well as a team but no-one turned in an amazing individual performance

Alright, it's 2am but I'll give this a bash.

Westwood 8  -  We're going to miss him whenever he hangs up his gloves.

Palmer 5  -  Has been justifiably praised in recent games, but he was our weakest link in defence.

Lees 8  -  Solid as a rock

Hutchinson 9  -  Just about the perfect blend or recklessness and timing. Brilliant display from the hobbit.

Pudil 7  -  Get him working on blocking crosses/shots. It's his only real flaw.

Bannan 5  -  Carlos seems to be trying to crowbar him in based on last season's fantastic displays. Based on this season's, the lad needs a rest and to be played in position.

Lee 8  -  I swear he's twins. Seems to be everywhere at once.

Jones 8  -  Can't underestimate how essential his part was in the win. He shut down the space in front of the back line like a boss.

Reach 8  -  Fantastic interception to launch the passage of play leading to the penalty. Gave away possession due to a few heavy touches, but in the right areas of the pitch. 

Hooper 7  -  Worked himself into the ground, yet still fighting for the cause with an 80th minute clearance. Can't fault his work rate today.

Forestieri 9 (motm)  -  How did he bring that ball down to create the chance that hit the post? The adorable little fella looks like he's back to his best.

Wallace 7.5  -  Gains half a mark for the cheeky note theft. Eased the pressure on Palmer and gave them something different to think about.

Nuhiu N/A  -  Just a cameo from Dave this week.

Loovens N/A  -  Didn't even rate a cameo.

Carlos and his backroom staff 11  -  Get this man pinned down to a long-term contract. He's the real deal.