North stand catering

Guest _Ibbo_

Best organised I've seen it yesterday. Looked liked they had some Thai girls working as well. They were far better than the useless teenagers we normally get.

We're so getting there as a club. We're doing the basics well now across all operational areas.

Main issue used to be that none of the 'useless' teenagers ever received any training and were free to drift in and out of work as they pleased. There was no sort of dedication needed, you could not turn up for a month of home games then suddenly return and get a shift. The whole operation used to be a shambles, I worked their when I was 15 and the lack of organisation or training, just to give you a clue what to do was actually pathetic. We didnt even have tills which was fine for me as I can cope with adding items up however some people struggled and then the abuse we often received didn't do much for their confidence. I think I once manned the Kop bar with 3 other staff in a bar that was meant for 9 people. 2 of the other 3 were on their first ever shift... we lost £300 in 15 minutes... lol

Packed it in after getting more abuse from people who I was probably more qualified than...

Edited by TheEnchanter

Main issue used to be that none of the 'useless' teenagers ever received any training and were free to drift in and out of work as they pleased. There was no sort of dedication needed, you could not turn up for a month of home games then suddenly return and get a shift. The whole operation used to be a shambles, I worked their when I was 15 and the lack of organisation or training, just to give you a clue what to do was actually pathetic. We didnt even have tills which was fine for me as I can cope with adding items up however some people struggled and then the abuse we often received didn't do much for their confidence. I think I once manned the Kop bar with 3 other staff in a bar that was meant for 9 people. 2 of the other 3 were on their first ever shift... we lost £300 in 15 minutes... lol

Packed it in after getting more abuse from people who I was probably more qualified than...

The people giving you abuse were able to add up right ?

The people giving you abuse were able to add up right ?

There were so many different incidents but I genuinely usually got it spot on and people who thought they were better than me were often wrong. But then you'd just get abuse for nothing, some guy harassed us for not having any plastic forks left for example. Funny days lol.

The main point is that if they actually received some training and a bit of help at first, even though it is the simplest of jobs I know, then it would make a huge difference to themselves and the purchasing fans. I'm sure we'd also be able to shift more stock too.

The north west area was dreadful no cider no Guinness in fridge hardly any pies massive queues low number of staff. Glad I went to chippy before the match.

Its a bugger that, especially when your gagging for a black velvet . Edited by Owl999

This.

One idea brought up was to have a pool of matchday kiosk workers between us & Sheffield United, obviously with us never playing at home on the same day. Would mean the job would be more regular, wages would increase, motivation & standard of employee would probably increase too. Training spread across two clubs & regularly working would mean the job would become more natural.

This.

One idea brought up was to have a pool of matchday kiosk workers between us & Sheffield United, obviously with us never playing at home on the same day. Would mean the job would be more regular, wages would increase, motivation & standard of employee would probably increase too. Training spread across two clubs & regularly working would mean the job would become more natural.

It really needs a top down approach. How you can expect 14-16 year olds who've never had job before to just go head first into it is a joke. Like I stated earlier, it may be the most basic and simple job but it stills needs organisation and structure from the staff at the top instead of them just handing you a shirt and asking you to get on with it. Give them some basic training and new uniforms, in still some sort of work ethos or targets to motivate them and they will do a lot better, be a lot more confident and the fans will benefit from it. The simple fact is, because it's such a shoddy operation with no allegiance or loyalty involved for the individual, no real direction of what to do, harsh treatment if you do make mistakes etc then you can see how they don't really care and staff turnover is high. 

A company (my sister company) puts out emails every week - who can work on Saturday for a few quid.

The first to say yes work, if they were any more skilled, they wouldn't.

Just give them a bit of patience, they are usually very nervous and all the fans freak them out to be honest.

I've been in a queue and a 14 year old girl has said what can I get you and the fat old moron has said, two goals please, proper brent fashion, she's said sorry.... he laughs, two goals please........... I don't understand,             2 pints please.......... of what sorry?       what have you got?

I feel for them personally.      

Edited by Tas

Why are 14 year olds working ?

I had a job at 14. Worked as a waitress at my local rugby club. Cash in hand, got to eat any food not sold & got to watch the rugby for free. 

Worked enough hours and bought a Wednesday away shirt...the black and yellow stripe one from the poo poo Irvine/Megson season.....then got bored and quit.

Edited by FlyingOwl