Safe standing

If Celtic have safe standing what do they do when playing in Europe? Close the standing and shift all the season ticket holders from that area to other seats? Would they not lose out by having to keep spare seats just for this? Weird.

Just looked it up, they are having 2,600 capacity rail seating area. So, fold up seats with crush barrier rails. Not exactly standing is it? Can you not just fold up your seat and stand now in any ground?

If standing was reintroduced it would not have crash barriers or anything similar therefore the crushing and swaying we had in the past would just not happen. We have to move forward and stop reflecting on the past. If safe standing is the answer to bringing back the atmosphere then I for one am all for it.

What a very flippant comment mate move forward and stop reflecting on the past. There are at least 96 peoples friends and family that might not agree with that. Add to that the fans who died in various grounds throughout history in crushes through surging.

I know the world has gone mad with health and safety but this was stopped for a reason. Hillsborough was a accident waiting to happen. Barriers or fencing or not your still going to get a few hundred no heads pushing up and down that area and side to side. It's not the most sensible thing to do really is it

Rail seating is basically a crush barrier supporting a fold up seat, paddocking supporters into lines or rows rather than blocks. So I don't know where people have this concept of big, open, concrete terraces. They are never coming back.

Rail seating is basically a crush barrier supporting a fold up seat, paddocking supporters into lines or rows rather than blocks. So I don't know where people have this concept of big, open, concrete terraces. They are never coming back.

Not seen them tbh have you got any pics? Surely crush barriers can't be a good thing? Wasn't that a major reason we stopped having standing because of the damage they did?

https://t.co/BgsXI9KTEq what safe standing is and hope it works in europe for those who don't know

Good video that. People have this odd notion that supporters abroad just stand on a terrace, not true at all. Safe standing areas are just streamlined seats with crush barrier rails behind each seat, it is even more restrictive than old paddocks were, you are not free to roam about. Complete waste of money if you ask me.

Not seen them tbh have you got any pics? Surely crush barriers can't be a good thing? Wasn't that a major reason we stopped having standing because of the damage they did?

Safe standing in Europe, aka rail seating. Not exactly terracing.

post-41046-0-23794000-1455220001.jpeg

No because each row is separated, rather than blocks meaning that the people in the row behind don't come into contact with anyone in front or behind them.

I see no reason why such seating can't be introduced in England, pretending to be standing areas. Enough people stand in front of their seat anyway. But it's not standing, not really. It's more like an "allowed to stand up in front of seat" area if we are being honest.

Edited by Guest

Only a matter of time IMO. Rail seating is much closer to the rowed seating we have now than it is to open terraces.

Sorry posted before seeing this not the worst set up if you don't have no heads in the ground but we are talking about English football fans we know how many fans clubs behave especially in standing areas and full of beer and drugs.

Still a no from me

I've read some sh!te on here but come on.

Not seen them tbh have you got any pics? Surely crush barriers can't be a good thing? Wasn't that a major reason we stopped ?

Thought that was the case.

Your comments show you know nothing about save standing. Also it seems from your other comments you haven't been to a match for years. No one wants the standing as it was in the 80's. Also no one wants the behaviour from the 80's but as the poster said you can't continue living in the past.

When people become more and more educated then it's inevitable save standing will be the norm in 5 to 10 years.

Your comments show you know nothing about save standing. Also it seems from your other comments you haven't been to a match for years. No one wants the standing as it was in the 80's. Also no one wants the behaviour from the 80's but as the poster said you can't continue living in the past.

When people become more and more educated then it's inevitable save standing will be the norm in 5 to 10 years.

If people dropped the tag "safe standing" and admitted it really is "rail seating" with standing in those areas allowed the quicker it will be allowed in England.

Honestly it would improve english football as a whole and the match day experience if it was introduced

I'm not disagreeing but, why? Based on what? Fans who like to traditionally stand and sing already do so, as the current seating allows this to happen, though many clubs don't actually allow it to happen it still does. So what would a different type of seating behind the fan stood up actually change? Still penned into rows, still stuck to a seat number, can't walk around. Why would that improve the atmosphere?

I'm not disagreeing but, why? Based on what? Fans who like to traditionally stand and sing already do so, as the current seating allows this to happen, though many clubs don't actually allow it to happen it still does. So what would a different type of seating behind the fan stood up actually change? Still penned into rows, still stuck to a seat number, can't walk around. Why would that improve the atmosphere?

I see your point but I believe that standing allows you to sing louder, when the song is louder it's infectious and it encourages the arm folders to join in. 

Haven't been to a match in years looooooool I have been to more football matches than you have had hot dinners fella it doesn't matter if you don't want behaviour like the 80,s it's still happening. There is a video on this site of what goes on at nearly every

Y every away game with people swaying about pissed as flaps throwing beer up and down across everyone.

I hadn't seen the new set ups in Europe it's better than nothing but I still think we would have stupid fans pushing side to side which is still a danger to people.

Just because I don't agree with bringing back standing doesn't make me live in the past, I do however have respect which is sadly a lot of the time nowadays a thing of the past and to suggest us having this after what happened here Imo would be a kick in the testicles to everyone's friends or family who died at our ground.