QPR Restricted View

Being a part-time London based Owl I had to wait until Monday to buy my QPR ticket, the only tickets available were restricted view, the website was only offering me upper or lower tier Row A, Seat 1 - which I can only assume is the worst seat in the stadium. I called the box office and purchased a restricted ticket on the lower tier and have now read some horror stories about how bad these are at Loftus Road, I've not been before, but can ayone tell me what to expect? Or has anyone also bought these?

I read a story about an Arsenal fan who once went and saw his side win 6-1..........he didn't see a single goal. I'll have to listen to the commentary so i know whats going on. I can't wait till Saturday. UTO

Guest Arseowl

London based part timer here done the same.. At least u know ur not the only one! Would sacrifice my view for a 6-1 win tbf..

If you ordered online it always says Row A Seat 01 - as far as I remember - since they stopped doing the online seat picker thing. You don't get to choose the specific seat or row anymore.

Not that I want to upset you, but this is the view I got a few years ago. The ticket didn't even mention any restricted views and all tickets on the upper tier were the same price. I was lucky that there were a few empty seats nearby so I moved.

post-13668-0-80552900-1375202548_thumb.j

Guest Owls1682

Got mine last Tuesday and it still says restricted view. Row H

Saying that, the last 3 times I have been to loftus the ticket meant nothing. Stewards said "sit where you like" (I stood). Well done, it was chaos

Fun fun fun

I would happily miss the entire game for a 6-1 win. Some of the seats are sideways apparently so you have to turn your head 90 degrees for the entire game. Thanks for the pic. I could live with that view. If you put qpr restricted view into Google images one of the views is unreal, you can only see half the pitch!

Has anyone read the reviews from other teams fans? I typed in restricted view at qpr and this Arsenal fan reckons if your not towards the middle of the bottom tier or not less than 10 rows up centrally on the upper tier then prepare for an horrendous view! Apparently any higher than 10 rows back you can't see the school end goal whatsoever.

I'm in the same boat mate. I'm taking comfort that there are tickets labelled 'extremely restricted' - from what I can gather reading from Google - so could be worse...

Oh and s29wfc, I asked a mate who is a QPR regular and he said:

"If you're lower tier I don't see why you'd be restricted - no posts down there. Maybe if you're right at the back the roof overhangs but shouldn't be too bad.

"If you're upstairs I think the pitch is so tight to the stand that you can't actually see the goal line at your end of the pitch."

Edited by wilson123

Dropped them an email with my location and the response I got was:

"I can confirm that your restriction will be the front barrier when you come up in to the stands from the food court that has the sign Y6 on the front. The par will be slightly obscuring the School End Goal which is the end you are seated. The full goal will not be blocked but only slightly restricted."

So I'm guessing there isn't a brick wall in the way at least

I would happily miss the entire game for a 6-1 win. Some of the seats are sideways apparently so you have to turn your head 90 degrees for the entire game. Thanks for the pic. I could live with that view. If you put qpr restricted view into Google images one of the views is unreal, you can only see half the pitch!

Restricted-view.jpg

:picnic:

I'm not gonna lie I'd take u missing the whole game if we won 6-1

This had me laughing!

Anyway, it's about being there! The atmosphere it's the opening game of the season and we are going to make a right racket down there and welcome them back to the football league!

Although the thought of Charlie Austin signing and Shaun Wright Phillips having a go at Liam Palmer scares the living daylight out of me!

UTO and let's have a party down in London!

My ticket came yesterday. On closer inspection this morning I have noticed they have sent me an upper tier ticket (despite asking for lower) right in the top corner so it looks like i'm gonna be sat in the same spot as owls66's pic...........swfcjames i'm going to take a leaf out of your book and remain positive......COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!

As it turned out I was sat much further to the left on owls66's picture, so had a great view. i wouldn't have even called restricted really a bargain for £23 by today's standards. Enjoyed the game, thought we could have got something, but in fairness to QPR they had some great attacking players....Milwall for the next trip.