Madine was on the pitch today?

Madine plays just about every minute of every game. Unfair that people expect him to be closing everything down and to give it all in these pre season games. It will have been 5 games in 14 days once the Stoke game has gone. Due to the limited options up front I have never known a striker possibly play that much in pre season.

Let's comment on the lad after 8-10 games of the season.

No mention of his hold up play last season though?

He has the potential to be a quality striker.

Clueless some people.

A point I made in an earlier Madine thread DeeeeJ.

Madine is still young, learning, and will get better. The fact that he is basically on his own at the moment doesn't help him out much, he needs to develop an effective partnership with another quality striker before we see the best of him.

Im talking about league goals, i don't care about cup goals while we are in th third division.

Madine isn' going to get 20 league goals unless he is running at 50% atm and going to crank it up to 100% when the season starts,

I'm not an expert obviously so i don't know how good or bad he is but for me, he shouldn' be getting two touches all game, all the chances were JJ, Prutton, Jones, Reda etc why are they looking a bigger threat up front than Madine?

Why are our players taking shots rather than giving the ball to Madine? Why isn't he in a good position to get the ball?

Everyone on here has been split about him for months and months, some people persist he is top quality no matter what, like he is some kind of footballers footballer,

I want him to ge 20+ league goals but I just cannot see it...

So our players dont pass him the ball and he is never in a position to recieve it.

That makes his 2 goals in the last 3 games some achievement.

Guest wednesday_lass

Seen flashes of Madine which tell me he has the potential to be a quality forward, and he's only twenty. I think the main problem is that he gets frustrated and mardy when things aren't going his way, as he was so used to scoring so often for Carlisle. I can't see him getting 20 this season.

Guest Triplej2

All I'm saying is that he really struggles to apply himself.

He's big but not particularly strong and therefore gets hustled off it quite easily.

He misjudges a lot of headers

He often looks like he doesn't know where he needs to be.

Maybe it's a phase because he's scored goals in the past but he needs to sort his head out to be effective this season.

I think that's fair comment.

The only forward we have at the moment , sometimes friendlies don't motivate players ,ok it's a big game in our eyes ,but does that mean madine feels the same way ,friendlies are nothing but a way of assessing new players, or easing the allready signed back into playing together after the layoff ,tbh i don;t care if he scores zilch at the mo .As long as he is firing on all fronts when it matters,

The word you're looking for triple is "inexperienced". Gary madine is good prospect for the future and with the right partner, will be very effective this season. To pin all our hopes on him to do the business is a little unfair (and also unavoidable I appreciate) buy he's a young lad. If we start bashing him it's only going to deter confidence which would be catastrophic. He will be a good player for us.

Guest Sheff Owl

As i said Madine is ALWAYS going to get stick until he takes on 3 players and plants a screamer into the top corner, i really do think some people expect him to do that!!

Oh and people say he looks like he don't give a poo poo, i wonder if him 'kissing the badge' will change that! :ph34r:

Guest Sheff Owl

As in the bloke who didn't bother for his last two seasons?

Yep and he has made such an AMAZING impact at Forest ain't he?

I was pretty drunk when i started this thread,

I don't think Madine is 'flippingrubbish' or anything but I was very unimpressed with him yesterday, he was very anonymous and i thought all our players were better than him,

what riled me up though was the comments i have read on here about him against Worksop and Rotherham, I went to Walsall away and he was complete rubbish then as well and missed a sitter,

for a while i have watched people discuss him on here and some people give him praise constantly and blame the midfield for the lack of service but it just goes on and on, I missed a few games towards the end of the season but i have never seen him play very well and i'll be honest i just don't like the look of him either and he seems to have a lot of negative press around him and we all know there is no smoke without fire (pun coincidental i promise lol)

so to sum up, he appears to lack passion, he has buggered up chances i reckon the Mellors and Hoskins types would smash the back of the net with, bad aura, bad attitude and i don't think he will get 20 league goals which is what we need,

the thought of him and Clinton up front next season depresses me deeply also,

but do not think he is completely rubbish, just not good enough for SWFC and our promotion campaign...

Guest totemowl

I don't think Madine is 'flippingrubbish' or anything but I was very unimpressed with him yesterday, he was very anonymous and i thought all our players were better than him,

what riled me up though was the comments i have read on here about him against Worksop and Rotherham, I went to Walsall away and he was complete rubbish then as well and missed a sitter,

for a while i have watched people discuss him on here and some people give him praise constantly and blame the midfield for the lack of service but it just goes on and on, I missed a few games towards the end of the season but i have never seen him play very well and i'll be honest i just don't like the look of him either and he seems to have a lot of negative press around him and we all know there is no smoke without fire (pun coincidental i promise lol)

so to sum up, he appears to lack passion, he has buggered up chances i reckon the Mellors and Hoskins types would smash the back of the net with, bad aura, bad attitude and i don't think he will get 20 league goals which is what we need,

but do not think he is completely rubbish, just not good enough for SWFC and our promotion campaign...

You blamed the midfield for the lack of service. So is what people are saying about service gonads or not?

And if he's got to score 20 goals to be good enough for SWFC, does that mean we have to have 4 strikers who will score 20 goals?

Can you make sense of what you're saying?

Guest christheowl

'He's blue, he's white, he'll set your car alight....Gary Madine, Gary Madine'

Edited by christheowl

Guest Saturday Owl

I disagree with this, he looks like a useful striker to have up top at this level.

He's only 20 so he has potential to be a really good player, as for not being able to score 20 goals didn't he score 18 last season?

It was only a friendly so he's not going to throw himself around as he would in a league game, he'll be a real asset this season.

Would like to see a pacey striker next to him though, then his flick on's will be very handy for us.