Overwhelmed by the club's generosity!

Guest dgowl1970

Guest dgowl1970

On 2nd November I am running in the New York Marathon in aid of the British Heart Foundation. Well I wrote to the club asking if they could support me by either sponsoring me or donating raffle/auction prizes or both.

Well the response... I have been sent a matchday programme from the Preston game this season signed by half the squad. Now I am sure they get plenty of requests like mine but I am a season ticket holder and travel from Burton On Trent for every home game so when you add it up I am spending quite a bit on watching my beloved team.

Is it right to have expected a little bit more generosity than a £3 programme?!

By the way respect to Brian Laws as I wrote to him personally and he has sponsored me.

If you want to know more about my run or to support me then please go to:

www.justgiving.com/davidgarb

On 2nd November I am running in the New York Marathon in aid of the British Heart Foundation. Well I wrote to the club asking if they could support me by either sponsoring me or donating raffle/auction prizes or both.

Well the response... I have been sent a matchday programme from the Preston game this season signed by half the squad. Now I am sure they get plenty of requests like mine but I am a season ticket holder and travel from Burton On Trent for every home game so when you add it up I am spending quite a bit on watching my beloved team.

Is it right to have expected a little bit more generosity than a £3 programme?!By the way respect to Brian Laws as I wrote to him personally and he has sponsored me.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT

Have these people never heard of public relations?

What was it they preached...."remember where your heart is"

Pity they don't appear to have one!

well run club my a**e

Where i work they had an open day for school kids...about 200 kids turned up. They had numerous Blunt merchandise to give away... signed footballs, scarfs, mugs etc and a signed Shirt for a competition. And 'Guest of honour' was Tony Currie.

I spoke to the guy who organised it and asked him if why it was just piggy stuff and was he was Blunt? He told me that he wasn't but he had written and phoned both clubs and explained what they were doing and would be grateful if they could assist in any way...Wednesday gave them NOTHING but the Blunts layed it all on. He only expected a signed football at most. I couldn't belive it!!...then i thought about it and well......

I know the club do some good things in the community but the blunts seem to be on a different level.

Guest dgowl1970

We're millions in debt, understaffed and have a zillion requests a week

Have some kind of realism here people

'a zillion requests a week'...can you verify that? :biggrin:

I appreciate your point though which is why i was asking it as a question.

I am grateful for the gesture by the club but suppose a little disappointed.

But hey we won today!!!

UTO

We're millions in debt, understaffed and have a zillion requests a week

Have some kind of realism here people

and one of the reasons we have all this debt is because the club doesn't help and respect its most important asset

its fans.............

and zillions of requests per week from 17000 fans

hmmmmm.........

you really think we only have 17000 fans???

:excl:

Potentially and as history proves no certainly not.

Unfortunately as things are at the moment 17000 represents the average crowd and a lot of the people who used to attend in excess of this number have I think for the time being at least lost interest in the club and are not likely to be making many requests for "gifts".

I realise "zillions of requests" was a tounge in cheek comment but I really do think we need to support these requests if we are serious about building bridges, trying to improve customer relations and attracting back those missing thousands.

Its a small step but every little helps.

Is it right to have expected a little bit more generosity than a £3 programme?!

By the way respect to Brian Laws as I wrote to him personally and he has sponsored me.

What did you expect?

Guest dgowl1970

What did you expect?

Not too sure cos I appreciate the situation the club is in.

Suppose in my head I was hoping perhaps for a signed shirt or even a ball. That would have been a better item to sell on ebay or raffle off than a programme.

But a programme will still earn a fee quid for the British Heart Foundation so I am grateful and as a certain supermarket says...'every little helps'.