2nd Half like Peterbrough at home

Play out from the back next season when Röhl (hopefully) brings the players in to do that. 

Until then let's play to our strengths with unapologetic route 1 football. 

I like my team to keep it on the deck but it's hard to argue the point after that. 

• Like 4

First half was like Peterborough away!

Bold, decisive management from Röhl to recognise he’d made a mistake with the starting XI/formation and make wholesale changes at the break.

Playing more aggressively gave the fans a lift which gave the players a lift… really hope we go out and get at Stoke from the first whistle on Saturday instead of making life easy for them like we did in the first half tonight 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, deano said:

Play out from the back next season when Röhl (hopefully) brings the players in to do that. 

Until then let's play to our strengths with unapologetic route 1 football. 

I like my team to keep it on the deck but it's hard to argue the point after that. 

I think we're much more effective getting the ball forward quickly then closing down. 

That energy and passion will get us over the line. The fans can see it and they love it. Everyone is raised by their effort. Vaulks and Patto just ran and ran, if Norwich didn't get out of the way, they were going to run over them.

Easy to say in hindsight, but we should have started the game with the long ball tactics.

Norwich were setting traps for us and breaking at pace. If we had been more direct they wouldn't have kept getting caught out at the back and on the counter. Plus they weren't really up for a fight, wish we'd put a few more crosses in early doors.

But, great comeback. There's something thrilling about direct football when done properly - just like the Peterborough game the OP aludes to.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Easy to say in hindsight, but we should have started the game with the long ball tactics.

Norwich were setting traps for us and breaking at pace. If we had been more direct they wouldn't have kept getting caught out at the back and on the counter. Plus they weren't really up for a fight, wish we'd put a few more crosses in early doors.

But, great comeback. There's something thrilling about direct football when done properly - just like the Peterborough game the OP aludes to.

We should always be playing the long ball tactics, it's our only chance. Get the ball up there and hope for something then hope we can defend. Lump it and see.

7 minutes ago, darntpark said:

We should always be playing the long ball tactics, it's our only chance. Get the ball up there and hope for something then hope we can defend. Lump it and see.

All these stats, possession, pro zone, continental tactics and what gets us back into the game good old fashioned set pieces 

• Like 2