Half a century

On 10/02/2024 at 09:09, 31Dec1966 said:

I can remember Alan Ball taking a corner with the ball NOT in the quartile (have I made that word up?) , which was unheard of in the sixties and was ungentlemanly conduct.  I said to my mate Spanner, if Everton score from this and we go down , it will be very unfair (or words to that effect).

They did, we did, and it still rankles with me 54 years later.

Speaking of remembering things chap...that one (presume it was the 69/70 season) was the first game my elder brother ever went to... My Dad worked with a guy called Ian who was an Everton fan and they both went and took our John with him... My Dad saved my first match for the last game of the season - yes - the relegation one v Man City....a life of eternal disappointment from game one onwards for me! 🤣

• Love 1

16 hours ago, torryowl said:

Think that game was burtenshaws first home game ....shame it wernt his last .

Shame he didn't repeat the score every game, we won 3-1!

• Like 1

On 10/02/2024 at 12:14, owler66 said:

I was at this match first time I think Wednesday played on a Sunday due to the power crisis at the time

Exactly that,3 day working week etc makes it all the more memorable (it was against the law to pay to get too ! ). 

Great milestone, congratulations!

I'm a couple of years ahead of you, my first game was in April 1972 (my Dad took me) and I've still got the prog somewhere. We lost 2-1 (at home to Birmingham with Bob Latchford and a young Tricky Trev in their side) ..... the first of many disappointments watching Wednesday!

• Love 1