Racist Leeds Yob

36 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

“He was convicted of a public order offence and of failing to comply with a previous order that banned him from attending football matches.” 

I read that and thought I wonder if the 16 weeks is more for breaching the previous banning order or for the racist gestures?

I thought the sentence was a bit much until I saw he was breaching previous orders. 

Stuff like this needs to have serious consequences for the offenders so they can't treat it as a badge of honour with their mates. 

If jail time means a loss of job and being ostracised from friends and family,  it may make others think twice about doing the same. 

Even if he gets out in 8 weeks,  that's a long time for a known racist to spend in prison with a mixed background population.

On 13/04/2023 at 09:59, Kopparberg said:

Baffles me that ‘fans’ could be racist towards say, an opposition player, but think that their own teams players wouldn’t be equally hurt and ashamed by it. 

Yeah that's always been a mystery to me as well. I mean how thick do you have to be to cheer on your own black players and next minute be doing monkey chants or whatever to the other team's black players. There really are some utter morons about, no wonder the game still has a bad rep in some quarters. Although I do think the media are partly to blame by seizing on & sensationalising what are probably isolated incidents for the most part, and either deliberately or otherwise giving the impression that the problem is a lot more common than it really is.