Buy a 21/22 Sheffield Wednesday shirt and get a free match ticket!

On 30/06/2022 at 19:30, GermanBird said:

That would be unfair to the ST holders, who bought the shirt earlier in the season.

The current offer 

- helps to fill the empty seats at Hillsborough

- helps to get rid of the remaining shirts

- makes sure that nobody feels "stupid" because they paid full price at the beginning of the season

- encourages people to buy their shirt at the beginning of the season instead of at the end

I really like it!

If you're going to feel stupid about that you aren't very smart. You have had the benefit of having the current kit while it was relevant. People who don't care about that get to pay less and wear an old shirt...

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What I don't understand is the season ticket holders crying and whinging about this offer

"But what about us season ticket holders??" they cry

Unreal

Im a non season ticket holder but I can't see why there would be no reduction offered to supporters who have season tickets. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Im a non season ticket holder but I can't see why there would be no reduction offered to supporters who have season tickets. 

Why would there be?
There's a free match ticket offered as well as the discount on the shirt?

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why would there be?
There's a free match ticket offered as well as the discount on the shirt?

It's not really a discounted shirt though if the match ticket is free. Probably works out about £25 for shirt and £25 for the match ticket. With that being the case then season ticket holders should be entitled to half price off the shirt IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, Beighton Owl 87 said:

It's not really a discounted shirt though if the match ticket is free. Probably works out about £25 for shirt and £25 for the match ticket. With that being the case then season ticket holders should be entitled to half price off the shirt IMO.

Why?

Why would season ticket holders get additional savings on an already discounted deal?

There's no reason

Is it 'just because'??

Owlstalk Shop

You know what would happen if the club bowed to the pressure from the tiny handful of season ticket holders crying that they didn't get an additional discount just for being a season ticket holder?

THEY STILL WOULDN'T BUY IT

There you go 

TRUTH BOMB

Owlstalk Shop

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You know what would happen if the club bowed to the pressure from the tiny handful of season ticket holders crying that they didn't get an additional discount just for being a season ticket holder?

There you go 

TRUTH BOMB

Rubbish.

Those who are happy to fork out hundreds on season tickets would generally be far more willing to part with a small(er) amount of money for a discounted out of date shirt, than those who pick and choose their matches would be willing to part with £50 for a ticket (of a restrictive amount of fixtures) and out of date shirt.

It's playing to your audience.

52 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There you go 

TRUTH BOMB

Secondly, if you're right in your assumption that no season ticket holders would buy it, then what would be the detriment of the club offering it to season ticket holders?

4 minutes ago, musingowl said:

Secondly, if you're right in your assumption that no season ticket holders would buy it, then what would be the detriment of the club offering it to season ticket holders?

Because it would encourage an environment of over privileged entitlement that we are already seeing in the strops some season ticket holders (who would never ever buy this deal ANYWAY) are throwing on social media

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, musingowl said:

Rubbish.

Those who are happy to fork out hundreds on season tickets would generally be far more willing to part with a small(er) amount of money for a discounted out of date shirt, than those who pick and choose their matches would be willing to part with £50 for a ticket (of a restrictive amount of fixtures) and out of date shirt.

It's playing to your audience.

WTF

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Because it would encourage an environment of over privileged entitlement that we are already seeing in the strops some season ticket holders (who would never ever buy this deal ANYWAY) are throwing on social media

Or just keep relations good / avoid an unnecessary poo storm number of your higher value customers.

If I'm right, we flog more stock, if you're right then there's no detriment to the club.

Incredibly simple stuff

8 minutes ago, musingowl said:

Or just keep relations good / avoid an unnecessary poo storm number of your higher value customers. 

Don't the club do enough already for season ticket holders?

Cheapest seats in the ground, first dibs on away tickets, first dibs on cup games etc etc

What's next?

Season ticket holders demanding someone wipes their bottoms in the North Stand toilets?

FFS

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What I don't understand is the season ticket holders crying and whinging about this offer

"But what about us season ticket holders??" they cry

Unreal

The era of entitlement is upon us. 

Every offer should be tailored to me and what I need, if it’s of no benefit to me then I’m going to go on all my social media outlets  and slag the club off for not thinking about me and my needs 

Honestly some people are embarrassing themselves tonight 

And just incase any season ticket holders are feeling a little down and left out then here’s a reminder, season ticket holders get a guaranteed seat to 23 games at the cheapest possible price, that’s your benefit of your season ticket.

if you want last seasons shirt for £25 then by all means don’t buy a season ticket, pay £50 for a ticket with a shirt so you feel like you’ve been rewarded then continue to pay an average of £25 for the other 22 games and come the end of the season you can bask in glory, safe in the knowledge that you got the benefit of a good offer 

4 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

The era of entitlement is upon us. 

Every offer should be tailored to me and what I need, if it’s of no benefit to me then I’m going to go on all my social media outlets  and slag the club off for not thinking about me and my needs  

Bang on

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't the club do enough already for season ticket holders?

Cheapest seats in the ground, first dibs on away tickets, first dibs on cup games etc etc

What's next?

Season ticket holders demanding someone wipes their bottoms in the North Stand toilets?

FFS

Literally just laid out the bare minimum every football club offers when selling season tickets.