Buy a 21/22 Sheffield Wednesday shirt and get a free match ticket!

On 28/06/2022 at 12:19, @owlstalk said:

Large-1.webp

The Owls are giving an opportunity for fans still to get their hands on our official 21/22 Macron replica shirts an added bonus of a free league match ticket for select 22/23 fixtures.

Limited stock remains in the home strip whilst the away kit is all but sold out, with extremely small numbers available.

The offer for the free ticket will permit fans who purchase a shirt to select one game from the following during the new season:

• Saturday 27 August: Owls v Forest Green Rovers
  • Saturday 24 September: Owls v Wycombe Wanderers
  • Tuesday 25 October: Owls v Bristol Rovers
  • Saturday 19 November: Owls v Shrewsbury Town
  • Saturday 17 December: Owls v Oxford United

You will receive a voucher at the point of purchase to redeem against one of the above games at the Ticket Office. Those who order online will have the voucher included within your package.

This offer runs through until close of play on Monday 11 July.

If it had been free shirt with match ticket they may have been on to something.....in fairness they are trying.

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

If it had been free shirt with match ticket they may have been on to something.....in fairness they are trying.

They are trying with these offers but if you look into them further there is very little savings tbh. Tickets for the games listed are likely to be about £25 so your paying £24 for an old shirt (not sure how that compares with other clubs). Seems a lot though still. Then the bundle they did last season where you were saving a couple of quid on tickets. Should have given a better incentive on those such £10/15 discount then that would have been a good deal.

12 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

They are trying with these offers but if you look into them further there is very little savings tbh. Tickets for the games listed are likely to be about £25 so your paying £24 for an old shirt (not sure how that compares with other clubs). Seems a lot though still. Then the bundle they did last season where you were saving a couple of quid on tickets. Should have given a better incentive on those such £10/15 discount then that would have been a good deal.

Maybe should have offered ST holders a shirt for  £10.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Maybe should have offered ST holders a shirt for  £10.

That would be unfair to the ST holders, who bought the shirt earlier in the season.

The current offer 

- helps to fill the empty seats at Hillsborough

- helps to get rid of the remaining shirts

- makes sure that nobody feels "stupid" because they paid full price at the beginning of the season

- encourages people to buy their shirt at the beginning of the season instead of at the end

I really like it!

23 minutes ago, musingowl said:

https://twitter.com/swfc/status/1543906213158584320?t=qV3CiqO9IvSh3OS6h1KP-Q&s=19

Seeing as though the club are posting these every 15 minutes and every size with the exception of 5XL are still available on the online shop, I'm going to assume this promotion hasn't gone too well.

Instead of trying to flog a dead horse they'd be better off getting new shirts out at this stage of the summer. If they've got too much stock they need to reduce the price to shift them. Its a good incentive for POTG to get the shirt cheap but they should also reduce the price for ST holders many of whom would probably buy it still for £20-25.

41 minutes ago, musingowl said:

https://twitter.com/swfc/status/1543906213158584320?t=qV3CiqO9IvSh3OS6h1KP-Q&s=19

Seeing as though the club are posting these every 15 minutes and every size with the exception of 5XL are still available on the online shop, I'm going to assume this promotion hasn't gone too well.

I think it's great to see (FINALLY) the club doing repeat communications on things like this

Usually they'll tweet/post about something once and that's it

So if you're not around online to see it you miss it

Good to see repeat comms

Good luck to them I hope they sell out of the shirts!

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

On 28/06/2022 at 07:32, @owlstalk said:

ooooh now that makes the deal look a way better offer!

It's only a "deal" because they haven't discounted last year's shirt. The combined price is what one would expect the cost to be without the offer. 

I'd like to see a reward for the fans who put up cash at the start, not the end.

On 30/06/2022 at 14:30, GermanBird said:

That would be unfair to the ST holders, who bought the shirt earlier in the season.

The current offer 

- helps to fill the empty seats at Hillsborough

- helps to get rid of the remaining shirts

- makes sure that nobody feels "stupid" because they paid full price at the beginning of the season

- encourages people to buy their shirt at the beginning of the season instead of at the end

I really like it!

Perhaps it could've been a £25 voucher which could be used towards anything at the shop, including match tickets. Such an offer would not exclude season ticket holders, and might help the club shift more tat. Assigning a pound value might resonate better when you're not discounting the shirt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Instead of trying to flog a dead horse they'd be better off getting new shirts out at this stage of the summer. If they've got too much stock they need to reduce the price to shift them. Its a good incentive for POTG to get the shirt cheap but they should also reduce the price for ST holders many of whom would probably buy it still for £20-25.

DC is going into his 8th summer with the Owls big questions need to be asked why we have this much stock left come June/July every year.

Order less of the new shirts, I cannot think the amounts sold vary that much season to season and let's not be in the same position come next season.

If we have a new home and away shirt coming in the next few weeks. What fool is going to pay full price for last season kit.

Price them at £20 should cover cost of them and a bit of mark up for overheads 

I don't think it's the worst idea in the world.

Poorly executed imo.

If  they flipped it, put the first 5 home games on sale and said, buy a ticket to any of these matches and get 50% (roughly) off the shirt, season ticket holders have already had equivalent store credit added to their account to be used by X date.

I think the stock is gone if that's put out.

I get the idea of not pre conditioning your customers (puts on tin hat), that stock is reduced in price every year. But let's face it, it's excess stock, do proper counts and try to reduce this figure year upon year.

For me personally, I'll usually buy the kids shirts at the start of the season (even treated the Mrs this year) and if there's any fat lad sizes left come the summer I'll sort myself out.

I don't think customers like me are of detriment to the club.

When kits and training wear were reduced last season, I easily spent around £170, few shirts/shorts for 5 a side, training polos and jackets for my lad and nephew, and a few leisurewear t shirts (at full price) for my holiday.

If there was no sale on, I probably wouldn't have even bothered popping down. 

All for club trying stuff, but if it doesn't appear to be working particularly well (which it doesn't), take on feedback and amend appropriately.

Edited by musingowl
Grammatical

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What I don't understand is the season ticket holders crying and whinging about this offer

"But what about us season ticket holders??" they cry

Unreal

It's an incredibly valid point.

Give us £50 and we'll treat you to a free match.

Give us £400+ committing to 23 matches and get... Naff all.

Sound.

No slight offer to those people most likely to plough money into the club.

• Like 1