A follow up to 'Is Darren Moore good enough to get us promotion?

On 10/05/2022 at 13:46, royalowlisback said:

If a job in this league became available right now, and a Chairman was looking for suitable candidates - would Darren Moore's CV stand out above the crowd?

Unthinkable I know, but say if 'Wayne Rooney's Derby', suddenly became managerless Derby, do you think Moore would be a front-runner for the job at the club he used to play for?

If Sunderland lose versus Wycombe, do you think Sunderland would think 'do you know what, let's sack Neil off and go for big Dazza?

I have used these 2 examples, because of the size of the clubs.

His Managerial CV reads:

Relegated with WBA (Harsh, I know - he and the team put up a good fight, but still went down)

Mid-table obscurity with Donny

Relegated with SWFC - Followed by failure to bounce back up

They are cold hard facts, should we ignore them because we had a good 2nd half of the season, or be worried because there will be a massive turnover of players again, and we could be back at square one with the poor start again?

I like everything about Moore. His CV doesn’t bother me one bit because there’s more to it than you’ve described. I want him to continue as our manager. 

• Like 1

Could have been promoted easily this season, if he hadn't messed around so much.
Bloke scores a hatrick and gets dropped the next game ? wtf WTF:
Some absolute nightmare tactics and decisions.

Would love to see him stop playing Pep and have some consistency with the squad.
THEN, he'll be the right one for the job.

Every single team sheet announcement this season was like waiting for the X factor result.

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Could have been promoted easily this season, if he hadn't messed around so much.
Bloke scores a hatrick and gets dropped the next game ? wtf WTF:
Some absolute nightmare tactics and decisions.

Would love to see him stop playing Pep and have some consistency with the squad.
THEN, he'll be the right one for the job.

Every single team sheet announcement this season was like waiting for the X factor result.

Have I missed something?

Who scored a hat-trick and got dropped for the next game?

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Have I missed something?

Who scored a hat-trick and got dropped for the next game?

I'm guessing he meant Saido, he actually started the next game at home against Accrington (was subbed in the second half), then on the bench the following game.

• Thanks 1