Man of the match & Ratings - Accrington Stanley (A)

Man of the match  

303 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the match

• Peacock-Farrell
    • Brennan
    • Palmer
    • Luongo
    • Dunkley
    • Dele-Bashiru
    • Hunt
    • Bannan
    • Paterson
    • Kamberi
    • Corbeanu
    • Brown
    • Gregory

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

He had tonsilitis for a week in the middle of August.

By the 17th August he was fit, raring to go and in the squad for the next match. 

He's a young fit lad, doesn't take 3 months to get over it. 

You should let the manager know...

"From when he arrived to where he is now, physically and mentally he’s in a far, far better place.

When he arrived after international duty, I'm not sure a lot of people know but he went down sick and was ill. It physically took a lot out of him.

"That performance from him wouldn’t have been anywhere near that a month or two months ago."

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You should let the manager know...

"From when he arrived to where he is now, physically and mentally he’s in a far, far better place.

When he arrived after international duty, I'm not sure a lot of people know but he went down sick and was ill. It physically took a lot out of him.

"That performance from him wouldn’t have been anywhere near that a month or two months ago."

Moore in an interview after the Fleetwood game 17th August when asked about Corbeanu.

"He is back in training now. Theo was ill. He had an infection and we had to get some antibiotics into him but it has cleared up now so he is back into training"

4 days later he was on the bench at Rotherham. I doubt if the tonsillitis had taken a lot out of him he would have been on the bench so soon.

He came off the bench for the last 24 minutes at Morecambe a week later.

In the next game at Plymouth on 11th September he came on off the bench when we were losing 2-0 and played the last 30 mins.

After that game he said ;

“Yeah, I was ill… I was out of the squad due to illness. I had a problem with my tonsils, and I came back about three or four weeks ago. I’m just looking to push now.”

At the beginning of October he gave an interview in which he said he was disappointed not be getting more game time.

There were reports at the beginning of November that Wolves were considering recalling him unless he was playing regularly. Lo and behold he gets his first start in the next game against Sunderland.

11 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Moore in an interview after the Fleetwood game 17th August when asked about Corbeanu.

"He is back in training now. Theo was ill. He had an infection and we had to get some antibiotics into him but it has cleared up now so he is back into training"

4 days later he was on the bench at Rotherham. I doubt if the tonsillitis had taken a lot out of him he would have been on the bench so soon.

He came off the bench for the last 24 minutes at Morecambe a week later.

In the next game at Plymouth on 11th September he came on off the bench when we were losing 2-0 and played the last 30 mins.

After that game he said ;

“Yeah, I was ill… I was out of the squad due to illness. I had a problem with my tonsils, and I came back about three or four weeks ago. I’m just looking to push now.”

At the beginning of October he gave an interview in which he said he was disappointed not be getting more game time.

There were reports at the beginning of November that Wolves were considering recalling him unless he was playing regularly. Lo and behold he gets his first start in the next game against Sunderland.

Recovery doesn't always follow a linear path. He may have felt like he'd made a decent recovery, only to suffer a setback.

Moore was pretty clear in his comments that it had taken a couple of months to build Corbeanu up to full match readiness.

27 sets of ratings in the end. Thanks to everyone who voted. Final scores were:

Accrington Stanley vs Sheffield Wednesday, 20 November 2021

Peacock Farell - 6.8

Brennan - 6.9

Dunkley - 8.0 - MoM

Palmer - 7.4

Hunt - 6.3

Dele Bashiru - 6.8

Luongo - 7.3

Bannan - 6.8

Corbeanu - 7.4

Kamberi - 6.9