Good riddance - they won’t be getting a contract anywhere else

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Easiest thing in the world to sit on the internet saying every player is rubbish

Anyone can do that and it doesn’t get any respect 

Totally agree with that. For me, here have been three 'rubbish' Wednesday players in recent times that I have been critical of -  Nuhiu, Harris and Brown. Happily, neither of them will be wearing a Wednesday shirt next season. 

* prays that Nuhiu doesn’t do a Hutch and fly back in at the end of Summer. 

8 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

it's NOT 'irrelevant' at all, it is totally relevant.

IF i had a £50kpa position and lost it, only to get one on £8kpa (part time) it would be gutting.

i would consider it to be slightly above toilet paper in terms of a contract.

the bulk of people on that list have secured a position in low or non league, the salary difference must be tragic, the alteration in lifestyle also.

imagine their kids at school, for dad to fall from a professional footballer to non league?

from your pov. it's a contract, but to me, many on here, and a hell of a lot of those footballers, i've a roll of those contracts hung in our toilet.

Nope

Fans said they'd not find another club or a contract anywhere else

They did

That's literally the whole point of the thread

It's like some fans saying "it's going to rain tomorrow" but then it's bright sunshine and you coming on saying 'yeah but there's a bit of wind'

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Totally agree with that. For me, here have been three 'rubbish' Wednesday players in recent times that I have been critical of -  Nuhiu, Harris and Brown. Happily, neither of them will be wearing a Wednesday shirt next season. 

* prays that Nuhiu doesn’t do a Hutch and fly back in at the end of Summer. 

Like I say - anyone can just sit on the internet calling players crap

The real knowledge lies with being able to tell us who is a prospect and going onto a bigger career etc

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The real knowledge lies with being able to tell us who is a prospect and going onto a bigger career etc

To me other than the ones in championship clubs like Fletcher - this just sums up our poor recruitment and academy over the last decade if that is list is where they ended up!

And wow some must have really took a big wage cut from what they were on at SWFC ....🤔 so fair to say not a big loss .....

1 minute ago, S25OWL said:

To me other than the ones in championship clubs like Fletcher - this just sums up our poor recruitment and academy over the last decade if that is list is where they ended up!

And wow some must have really took a big wage cut from what they were on at SWFC ....🤔 so fair to say not a big loss .....

No no - that's not what I mean

What I mean is some folk ONLY slate players

They'll sit saying 'this player is rubbish' and 'that player was rubbish' etc

But they never put their flag in the sand and say "I think xxxxxxxx is a great player, a real prospect and he'll go on to bigger things" etc

They don't do that because they don't have the ability or knowledge to do so

So they just find a player who's left (usually) and say 'he was rubbish anyway' to try and sound knowledgable

Like I say - absolutely anyone can do that

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But they never put their flag in the sand and say "I think xxxxxxxx is a great player, a real prospect and he'll go on to bigger things" etc

So they just find a player who's left (usually) and say 'he was rubbish anyway' to try and sound knowledgable

I understand from where you are coming from with the post ...and people saying they are crap and won't get another club but they have .... Yes you are right but they are comparing the level of jobs and saying it just proved they were crap and won't be missed. I get it ....

For example, If you are working for a company on £50k a week and everyone saying you are rubbish and all you can get is a job with a lower league club or non-league on say £1k a week ... they feel that justify's the point they were making in the first place? (they obviously weren't good enough).

Outside of football It's a bit like having a poor manager at your work on £100k a year who is absolutely useless and for whatever reasons they leave and you say he won't ever find another job because they are so bad ... a few months later you see them in McDonalds .... what will people say - proved my point - but we don't know the situation behind what was effecting them. Maybe they were poor because of personal circumstances, higher management, people around them, etc. Same way, at least they got off their backside and did something and got something so once again comes back to your point.

My point was clearly looking at that list we was right to let them go if they weren't good enough ... (unless they left of their own accord for a better deal or longer contract due to age)

But coming back to your point ... sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to work your way back to the top .....I think there is a certain player named Vardy playing for SPC that proved this points ... so lets see how many from that list do a vardy and then I think they will hold their hands up and say .... I was wrong !

• Like 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

They did

It's like some fans saying "it's going to rain tomorrow" but then it's bright sunshine and you coming on saying 'yeah but there's a bit of wind'

you're correct, AND you're wrong too.

in the line i've highlighted i think they meant 'of any worth' in comparison' ie better, equal, or near equal to what they were languishing on at s6, in that case our low achievers have gone on the prove themselves as low achievers in football.

it's nothing to do with  weather in any way, it IS to do with failure.

Guest mrbluesky
38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

They did

Trolling at it's finest lol

And people still bite

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

is it ok to sit in the ground, or boozer and call them crap?

'cos we've had some crap over the years.

very, very little has come through our youth/academy of any worth.

even far less has been bought in at the right price and sold for good money, like the dingles operate their system, and perhaps brentford.

buy in for £350k, sell in 3 years time for £7m, buy in another dozen at under £500k.

Just now, dorian gray said:

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

we cannot say 'i think xxxxxxxx is a great player, a real prospect, and he'll go on to bigger things'

as when dc stepped in, and started buying he bought players in their pomp, or even slightly (or worse than slightly) OVER THE HILL.

for every joao there's at least a couple of jones' and  boyds' out there.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

All that is irrelevant mate

Some of our fans posted that these players wouldn't get a new contract anywhere else and won't find new clubs

They did

They have new contracts
They have new clubs

That's all really

i bet that's so reassuring to them when they get their bank statement and there's two zero's missing from the front of the decimal point.

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I know what you mean, but there’s a difference between people saying the whole lot of them are rubbish and others, including myself, who give credit where it’s due to certain players and also express an opinion (to which we are all entitled) that certain others are effectively crap. Hardly anybody would disagree that Harris and Brown were crap and many would agree that Nuhiu was too. 

The OP only stated facts - players got new contracts when many said they wouldn't. Never mentioned anything about the quality of the clubs.

But let's not forget to get a contract at all for a professional/semi-professional team isn't as easy as just rocking up saying you once played for the mighty SWFC.

It's funny (to me) how many people have bitten and gone on a rampage about how awful those players (and current players) are.

I'll be honest I'm always a little intrigued about players careers after they leave us. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

there are professionals who cannot do the above with any great accuracy, we ought to know that.

one of the major faults with swfc is that for decades now we've not only failed to PRODUCE, we've failed to buy in good prospects.

with £500k to spend we tend to buy in a 'past it' players and dole him the £500k in wages over the next 12 months, rather than employing 2 or 3 prospects. 

peterbro. took a gamble on ex-non league craig mackail-smith who hit 80 in 185 game for them.

whilst we let vardy go to non league.

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

The OP only stated facts - players got new contracts when many said they wouldn't. Never mentioned anything about the quality of the clubs.

But let's not forget to get a contract at all for a professional/semi-professional team isn't as easy as just rocking up saying you once played for the mighty SWFC.

It's funny (to me) how many people have bitten and gone on a rampage about how awful those players (and current players) are.

I'll be honest I'm always a little intrigued about players careers after they leave us. 

Wrong..lots of fans said..and rightly so..our players wouldnt get another contract on what they wer on here..nobody said they wouldnt ever pøay football again for anybody..nonsense thread that just goes to show swfc wer right to get rid

7 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Wrong..lots of fans said..and rightly so..our players wouldnt get another contract on what they wer on here..nobody said they wouldnt ever pøay football again for anybody..nonsense thread that just goes to show swfc wer right to get rid

I'm in agreement there were plenty that said they'd not make the money they did here but there has been plenty of comments of "they wouldn't get in the cat and fiddle sunday league team" too 

Were we right to get rid? Of course, we have had many seasons of tripe and I'm just hopeful we have learnt (I'm an eternal optimist)

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Chris Apolon said:

I'm in agreement there were plenty that said they'd not make the money they did here but there has been plenty of comments of "they wouldn't get in the cat and fiddle sunday league team" too 

Were we right to get rid? Of course, we have had many seasons of tripe and I'm just hopeful we have learnt (I'm an eternal optimist)

Well if anybody on here ever posted that fletcher..nuihu..harris etc wudnt get another contract at a pro football club they deserve to be called out as know nowts of the highest order..but ive never seen the posts🤫

8 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Well if anybody on here ever posted that fletcher..nuihu..harris etc wudnt get another contract at a pro football club they deserve to be called out as know nowts of the highest order..but ive never seen the posts🤫

It may have been during matches in the heat of the moment when emotions were high but it's been there. Whether people meant it I dunno.

Best thing about a forum is the mix of know nowts, know it alls and ITKs!