Good riddance - they won’t be getting a contract anywhere else

Just now, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

This is finally what club needed-phase one complete. Like Darwin-ism in football played out. Aside from Fletcher and Fox, no loss to our side which provided such a pathetic showing last time out. 

Thank god we have Paxo and co to go out and replace them 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

I miss the days when people where saying nuhiu would be signed by majority of the Championship teams 

Guess the Cyprus league was too hard to turn down ...

Just now, Sticky Micky said:

Don't rate him either 

Both awful

Easiest thing in the world to sit on the internet saying every player is rubbish

Anyone can do that and it doesn’t get any respect 

The noble thing to do that is more of an accurate reflection on if you understand and know football and footballers is to pin your flag to the mast and tell us who IS a talent and prospect 

Do that and then we can look back and see if you were correct and know what you are talking about 👍👍

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Smackavolley

L'varn Brandy seems to be playing in exalted company. Probably on higher wages than our youngsters as well by the looks of it. (Shaw+ Ozaze)

24/04/21

14:00

THE PAVILION (ROLLS-ROYCE LEISURE)

Allenton United FC AUFC

FT

4 - 3

Alex Birch

Paco Box

L'varn Joseph Brandy 78
Oliver (Ollie) Buxton

Thomas Derbyshire

Jorge Eley 23
Errol Johnson

Callum Noon

Luke Stone 70
Marcus Tudgay 38
John Whetton

Guest Smackavolley
7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Easiest thing in the world to sit on the internet saying every player is rubbish

The noble thing to do that is more of an accurate reflection on if you understand and know football and footballers is to pin your flag to the mast and tell us who IS a talent and prospect 

Do that and then we can look back and see if you were correct and know what you are talking about 👍👍

Any youngster at this club doesn't stand a chance. If the club don't don't ruin them, we have too many fans who will.

Any young player and any new signings who step out to represent us in August need our support and encouragement. They are not to blame for this car crash of a club. Unfortunately it will take a miracle for things to change. It's not going to be pretty.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

We've just been relegated and finished bottom of the league 

Doesn't take a genius to work out we have rubbish 

And you said it was worst team we assembled EVER in the Championship so you agree with me 

And you'd be last person I'd take advice from about football 

How's Monk and alonso getting on these days ?

10 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

We've just been relegated and finished bottom of the league 

Doesn't take a genius to work out we have rubbish 

And you said it was worst team we assembled EVER in the Championship so you agree with me 

And you'd be last person I'd take advice from about football 

How's Monk and alonso getting on these days ?

Do that and then we can look back and see if you were correct and know what you are talking about 

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

They have new clubs

They have new contracts 

yeah! 

very few of any great worth.

a number are playing non and low league football.

having left a championship club to then attain such great heights, no wonder we got relegated.

many were not good enough, it shows up in where they're at now, from swfc to non league (and so many of them too).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

yeah! 

very few of any great worth.

a number are playing non and low league football.

having left a championship club to then attain such great heights, no wonder we got relegated.

many were not good enough, it shows up in where they're at now, from swfc to non league (and so many of them too).

All true BUT 

They have new contracts 

They have new clubs 

Which is the point I’m making 

Owlstalk Shop

On 15/06/2021 at 18:23, @owlstalk said:

They’ve got a club and a contract tho

which is the whole point of the thread

Pity not any near me, need upstairs windows washing.

Guest Therealrealist
4 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Winnall was on 17K a week here.

Yep..and 4500 at Barnsley...why on earth did we have to quadruple his wages...agents and players takin the ******** out of swfc...weev created more millionaires than the lottery😧

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

All true BUT 

They have new contracts 

They have new clubs 

Which is the point I’m making 

yeah! BUT IF you're used to holidaying in Marbella and you end up this year in Skipsea.

or you drive a Bentley and end up with a Lada.

or you have a contract with an 'established' championship club (paying better than average salaries for the division), then get one at brinsworth co-op, it's not quite the same, is it?

undoubtably you won't agree, and you have every right to do so, but whilst you are technically correct on having a contract, i'd like to bet many (who have one, and their families) are gutted.

a woman who lived near me a few years back was going around claiming she was dating 'a footballer'. 

after failing to name the 'footballer' and his club for some time, it turned out in the end he was a 'footballer' in a local sunday league side, but to her and perhaps you, 'a footballer'.

my wife is married to 'a golfer' and racing driver', me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dorian gray said:

yeah! BUT IF you're used to holidaying in Marbella and you end up this year in Skipsea.

or you drive a Bentley and end up with a Lada.

or you have a contract with an 'established' championship club (paying better than average salaries for the division), then get one at brinsworth co-op, it's not quite the same, is it?

undoubtably you won't agree, and you have every right to do so, but whilst you are technically correct on having a contract, i'd like to bet many (who have one, and their families) are gutted.

a woman who lived near me a few years back was going around claiming she was dating 'a footballer'. 

after failing to name the 'footballer' and his club for some time, it turned out in the end he was a 'footballer' in a local sunday league side, but to her and perhaps you, 'a footballer'.

my wife is married to 'a golfer' and racing driver', me.

All that is irrelevant mate

Some of our fans posted that these players wouldn't get a new contract anywhere else and won't find new clubs

They did

They have new contracts
They have new clubs

That's all really

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

All that is irrelevant mate

Some of our fans posted that these players wouldn't get a new contract anywhere else and won't find new clubs

They did

They have new contracts
They have new clubs

That's all really

it's NOT 'irrelevant' at all, it is totally relevant.

IF i had a £50kpa position and lost it, only to get one on £8kpa (part time) it would be gutting.

i would consider it to be slightly above toilet paper in terms of a contract.

the bulk of people on that list have secured a position in low or non league, the salary difference must be tragic, the alteration in lifestyle also.

imagine their kids at school, for dad to fall from a professional footballer to non league?

from your pov. it's a contract, but to me, many on here, and a hell of a lot of those footballers, i've a roll of those contracts hung in our toilet.