Good riddance - they won’t be getting a contract anywhere else

37 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

I'm in agreement there were plenty that said they'd not make the money they did here but there has been plenty of comments of "they wouldn't get in the cat and fiddle sunday league team" too  

yep but as always Realist likes to try and remix history to fit his twisted views

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Smackavolley
1 hour ago, Chris Apolon said:

The OP only stated facts - players got new contracts when many said they wouldn't. Never mentioned anything about the quality of the clubs.

But let's not forget to get a contract at all for a professional/semi-professional team isn't as easy as just rocking up saying you once played for the mighty SWFC.

It's funny (to me) how many people have bitten and gone on a rampage about how awful those players (and current players) are.

I'll be honest I'm always a little intrigued about players careers after they leave us. 

Me too.

Who'd have thought a young player, in this case L'Varn Brandy, would now be playing in the same team as Marcus Tudgay. 

35 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

Me too.

Who'd have thought a young player, in this case L'Varn Brandy, would now be playing in the same team as Marcus Tudgay. 

Great player for him to learn from though I'll be honest never heard of him nor the team he plays for now! But who knows, look at roofe for wales was playing for truro and Dorchester 10 years ago!

Guest Therealrealist
57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

yep but as always Realist likes to try and remix history to fit his twisted views

lol

Your gettin me mixed up with somebody else.myour doin it all the time in every thread🙄its gettin weird now🤫

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh - apologies - you're right - it's that Bladeshater innit - I always get you two muddled up

lol

:Chansiri:

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

No no - that's not what I mean

What I mean is some folk ONLY slate players

They'll sit saying 'this player is rubbish' and 'that player was rubbish' etc

But they never put their flag in the sand and say "I think xxxxxxxx is a great player, a real prospect and he'll go on to bigger things" etc

They don't do that because they don't have the ability or knowledge to do so

So they just find a player who's left (usually) and say 'he was rubbish anyway' to try and sound knowledgable

Like I say - absolutely anyone can do that

To be fair they also regularly slate good players.

Guest Therealrealist
18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

= 'They were rubbish anyway'

They wer...hence all the crap clubs theyve signed for😅

Point I tried to argue on here few times is that there is a window of oportunity to develop talent and that some top prospects fail to make it in the game, somrimes not to their own fault or doing anything wrong. 

Sometimes their talent gets noted by other clubs or by steping down the football ladder. But mainly players get one chance if they don't make it they fade into obscurity. 

Just now, dorian gray said:

SO, you think they'll be a 'next season'?

Yes 100% I do

Our fans should get a season ticket and enjoy getting out of the house and back to the football again

Time for some days out, some away days, some football and to enjoy the social side

The club is a shambles but hey I've seen people make good days out by going to Skegness with nowt but a packed lunch so...

Owlstalk Shop

Guest mrbluesky
17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Bizarrely you're actually laughing at your own clubs inability to sign good players

I'm sure Paxo and co have some stunners lined up for next season

:Chansiri:

Screenshot (3).png

On 15/06/2021 at 18:25, @owlstalk said:

It’s a club and a contract tho 

Which is the whole point of the thread 

Factually YES,of course your right,but surely you wanted people to dig a bit deeper?..We were a Championship Club,with a vision of achieving PL status..many(but not all) Players were on significant wages...

Is 'getting another job' the benchmark now for being any good???..Surely the type of Club,League they play in,manager,chance of promotion/success as well (of course) wages and other benefits should all be taken into consideration??(when forming a view on whether a player's done ok for his self?)

There will usually be jobs out there in Football(as any job) but is it a move 'up' or 'down' in a Players career......