The European Superleague Plan highlights a problem at Sheffield Wednesday

Perez still at it..

I'm not going to explain now what a binding contract is," Perez told AS. "But the clubs cannot leave.

"Some of them, because of pressure, have had to say that they're leaving. But this project or one like it will go forward, and I hope it's soon.

"The Super League still exists, and the members are still in it. Now we have given ourselves some weeks to think, while we face the violence that some people, who don't want to lose their privileges, have used to manipulate our project

Sort out the agents and everything else will follow. Generally a footballer starts out just wanting to play football, it’s the agents that want to milk the game - using the player as a bargaining chip and lining their own pockets first and foremost. It’s an agent who promises the world to young players and sort out their excessive early contracts, it’s agents who shill their player for any advertising deals they can get, it’s agents who set up social media teams to manage their players accounts so the ‘brand’ is protected, it’s agents that threaten to move players around to force clubs into excessive ‘loyalty’ clauses and paying ridiculous wages, it’s agents that play both ends - taps up players on behalf of other clubs then takes the money whether the player moves or stays. It really is a simple fix if the will is there - trouble is right now everyone’s getting rich except the fans, who are constantly being pumped for all their worth in new and inventive ways - so no-ones willing to stop the gravy train.

On 21/04/2021 at 08:05, Ian said:

Baseball isn’t about sport though is it....it’s a day out where American families have a competition as to how much they can eat whilst the most mind numbing “sport” ever invented is going on behind them

I think you are missing the point of the post.

5 hours ago, sexpistol said:

I think you are missing the point of the post.

Not at all....baseball needs good facilities because what’s happening in the stands is more important than what’s happening “on the pitch”.....there is more dead time in a baseball game than action and football just isnt like that