The Jordan Rhodes story gets more and more bizarre

39 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Lost a bit of respect for NT tonight after his post match comments. I realise its a fine line between being too honest and saying whats politically correct but I felt like he was feeding us lines tonight.

We are at a stage where only honesty can work in terms of acknowledging the mess the are in on and off the field. Saying we have six strikers is insulting to all fans, saying we were missing a bit of "je nes sais quoi" is a massive understatement of our reality. 

He has to try and keep the players on side though doesn't he? He's likely to be in charge until the end of the season and if he loses them it could be a long 22 games for him.

2 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

He has to try and keep the players on side though doesn't he? He's likely to be in charge until the end of the season and if he loses them it could be a long 22 games for him.

I agree with that, it is a fine line. I'm not expecting him to berate the players, but the 6 forwards comment is weird and Stevie Wonder could see we were missing more than a bit of spark. I don't blame the players, they haven't changed, they are consistently inconsistent. We conceded two sloppy goals and looked a shadow of the team that did well in the first half against a full strength Everton.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I agree with that, it is a fine line. I'm not expecting him to berate the players, but the 6 forwards comment is weird and Stevie Wonder could see we were missing more than a bit of spark. I don't blame the players, they haven't changed, they are consistently inconsistent. We conceded two sloppy goals and looked a shadow of the team that did well in the first half against a full strength Everton.

I agree it was strange. I think he's been put in such a bad position it's hard to be too critical of him for me. Also think one or two of the players let him down a bit.