Armand Gnanduillet

3 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

Bit of a cliche but are goals the be all and all for this kind of striker? Chris O'Grady didn't score many but played a big role.

Kevin Davis at Bolton years ago was similar. He held the ball up and allowed the midfield to play more in the opposition half. 

Obviously we'd like a Drogba who can do all that and score 20 goals a season but in our predicament that obviously isn't happening.

Someone like this could get Marriott or dare I say it Rhodes into the game more too.

Exactly, it’s just as important to get someone in who helps the team function as a unit. That’s why, despite them never having broken out of League One, players like Gnanduillet and Mandron were worth considering Sure, I’d rather us sign a similar player with more experience at this level, but as long as he brings into play some of our current striking options, then he doesn’t have to be prolific. 
I think some of us just look down the lists of goalscorers, and think by adding them, it’s job done.

On 07/01/2021 at 10:53, 0114 said:

Championship pop guns Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough are battling Rotherham to sign striker Armand Gnanduillet this month, Football Insider understands.

The 28-year-old former Blackpool striker is a free agent after leaving Turkish Second Division side Altay SK to sell Baklava on the street corner cos it paid more

The geezers unknown  agent, rumoured to be  linked to Doyen and Paxo and some unknown Spanish bloke has told Football Insider that the French striker is a wanted man as leading EFL clubs look to bolster their attack for the second half of the campaign, and agents look to make whatever money they can i n a depressed market, by offloading sheite players and hyping them up.

Despite no interest in his native France, Gnanduillet is keen on a return to England, where he has spent most of his professional career, and welcomes anyone soft enough to buy him.

Gnanduillet scored 18 goals across 36 matches in all competitions for Blackpool last season and has extensive lower league experience.,..... clearly, a superior player.

He is available after his spell at Turkish second-tier side Altay SK failed to live up to expectations, where he was asked to leave for being so crap, and the agents have to rescue something cos the wife wants a new mercedes.

The 6ft 3in front man scored just two goals in 15 matches, most of which were as a substitute, in the first half of the campaign, which is almost on a p[ar with that celebrated striker, Jordan Rhodes

There is now a race for the signature of Gnanduillet from clubs across the Championship.  That line given his inability is comical and we are sorry someone sent us this script to add to a failing website.

Seventh-placed Middlesbrough have reignited their interest after pushing for the striker last summer following their poor 2019-20 campaign. There's a vacancy for a loo cleaner, though Boro are worried about the number of times he misses the target.

At Blackpool, Gnanduillet was a prolific scorer with his 145 matches for the club yielding 43 goals and 11 assists.

He has also had spells at Chesterfield – where he scored just 12 times in 98 games – as well as shorter ones at Leyton Orient, Stevenage, Oxford United and Tranmere Rovers.

Good grief....  Quality striker through and through  !!!

lets welcome him to S6 !!!!!

lol

Edited by quinnssweetshop

7 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

There were a couple of championship teams in for him I don't know if we were one of them, shame as I think he would have been a good signing for us.

Mandron is a similar type, albeit with the same concerns as to whether he could step up

Just now, gurujuan said:

Mandron is a similar type, albeit with the same concerns as to whether he could step up

Having seen him although similar in height, I don't think he's as good in the air or as physically strong as Gnanduillet. That's not to say he can't cut it in the championship.