The Shaw tackle and red card

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

well he could have but i doubt he'd have involved the reading captain in the discussion and he'd be quite within his rights to  say to his lads thats the benchmark .....which is fine but the ref as then got be consistent and keep the red in his pocket when they go into a tackle with the studs showing ......

That's not true though. If a player keeps making misdemeanours then eventually it leads to a yellow card, and if he still keeps making them then he'll ends with another yellow and a sending off.

The incident that the ref actually books a player for may well be fairly innocuous, but then when seen as the culmination of a number of other misdemeanours committed by the player (or the team as a whole) it's understood the booking is for continual fouling. The point is there's a build up of offending, and this is how refs do typically officiate anyway.

Pullis must have had  a mistaken identity moment... Was probably thinking it was is old hard man Shaw - Cross, 

"shawwie let him havit" lol

Seriously though silly tack from the lad, was probably trying too hard to make an impression on the new boss. Nearly made a massive multiple stud one on their player instead. 

14 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Exactly what I thought I'd seen during the game.

Shaw carrying more energy into the challenge and winning the ball.

Exactly. all that happens is that Shaw wants to win the ball instead of neshing out of it like that big girls blouse from Reading.

You're all welcome.