Grimsby Fan Looking For Assistance. SWFC V GTFC 1982

Nah then Nudge!! Send Biff my regards and any other bugger who’s still around. 
That jukebox was the ONLY reason I was driven to drink! 😜...that and being able to ‘test’ it from 14! Think we had a party when they built the inside bogs.

I recall one or two Christmas ‘walks’ when the buses were off ..going up to Greno via Ecco up the Wheel. Ask Biff if he remembers deciding to walk over and not around any ‘obstacles’ lol 

3 hours ago, Freshfish said:

Nah then Nudge!! Send Biff my regards and any other bugger who’s still around. 
That jukebox was the ONLY reason I was driven to drink! 😜...that and being able to ‘test’ it from 14! Think we had a party when they built the inside bogs.

I recall one or two Christmas ‘walks’ when the buses were off ..going up to Greno via Ecco up the Wheel. Ask Biff if he remembers deciding to walk over and not around any ‘obstacles’ lol 

Will do Daryl. I will see him next week for a walk with him and Bob Bailey. 

Still see Windsor and sue, Dave hall (ted) Phil and Helen (Kirk).

I take it fresh fish is from laurel and hardy. We all loved them.

Are you still a Springsteen fan. Mrs (Judith) and me have been al over watching them with Windsor and Sue and with all our three kids

good to hear from you after all these years

tek care mate

Yes and Yes! Staggering home pissed and watching late night Laurel and Hardy was one of the pleasures of 10:30 closing !! And yep ... once Bruce is in the veins he doesn’t leave. Have you been listening to his podcasts on BBC Sounds App. His knowledge and influences are bloody fantastic. Sam managed to see him on Broadway ...very jealous. Stay safe and remember ... the tin cans are still exploding in the 90 degree heat on the streets of Chapeltown !! lol 

On 27/11/2020 at 17:33, Sleepy Joes Cafe said:

Don’t need any royalties just happy to remember some great times 

On 30/11/2020 at 14:29, Sleepy Joes Cafe said:

Yes we did. This is Barnsley away 1979. First game of season. Can’t remember how many were in the van but don’t know how we got up White Lane for our first stop at the Norfolk Arms. Maybe you are on there somewhere or recognise some of the people.

Great memories

B784246A-8B9F-4001-B05A-66154608E3AA.jpeg

I’m on these photos. Top left in the back of the van. The van parked up outside my house in Barnsley. I actually caught the bus from Barnsley to Chapeltown that morning, then paid to go in the van back to my house!

• Like 1

On 30/11/2020 at 14:29, Sleepy Joes Cafe said:

Yes we did. This is Barnsley away 1979. First game of season. Can’t remember how many were in the van but don’t know how we got up White Lane for our first stop at the Norfolk Arms. Maybe you are on there somewhere or recognise some of the people.

Great memories

B784246A-8B9F-4001-B05A-66154608E3AA.jpeg

Hi Nudge, I’m Bill, the Butcher from Barnsley. Al Whittaker, Jim Whittaker, Rob”Choca” Foulger, and Keith Dyson definitely made the trip and I think I can make out Jane Creek and Mark Evans, as well as others previously mentioned 

One of the best days ever. What fabulous memories. Thanks for posting.😀😀

21 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

Yes and Yes! Staggering home pissed and watching late night Laurel and Hardy was one of the pleasures of 10:30 closing !! And yep ... once Bruce is in the veins he doesn’t leave. Have you been listening to his podcasts on BBC Sounds App. His knowledge and influences are bloody fantastic. Sam managed to see him on Broadway ...very jealous. Stay safe and remember ... the tin cans are still exploding in the 90 degree heat on the streets of Chapeltown !! lol 

Didn’t manage Broadway but did see the last two nights at the old Giants Stadium in 2009 with some time in Asbury Park.

The tin cans still explode in Chapeltown but it’s not usually due to 90 degree heat. And there’s not much sitting on the hood of a dodge drinking warm beer I’m sad to say.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Hi Nudge, I’m Bill, the Butcher from Barnsley. Al Whittaker, Jim Whittaker, Rob”Choca” Foulger, and Keith Dyson definitely made the trip and I think I can make out Jane Creek and Mark Evans, as well as others previously mentioned 

Bill Clayton?

1 minute ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Yep, that’s me. Great times. Wish we could turn the clock back.

Year remember parking at your house

if I remember correctly we used to go to speedway at owlerton a few times with jenks (god bless him)

still see chocka and big al now and again at Hillsborough 

great memories

21 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Guessed it was you just couldn't remember your name. Are you still a butcher, i remember you putting me right (schooling me ! ) on how expensive Turkey was at Xmas.

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

20 minutes ago, Sleepy Joes Cafe said:

Year remember parking at your house

if I remember correctly we used to go to speedway at owlerton a few times with jenks (god bless him)

still see chocka and big al now and again at Hillsborough 

great memories

You remember correctly. Jenks had a mate called Sean, who he worked with, that came to the Speedway with him. Never saw him at football though.

13 minutes ago, Señor Sam said:

Guessed it was you just couldn't remember your name. Are you still a butcher, i remember you putting me right (schooling me ! ) on how expensive Turkey was at Xmas.

Been retired 17 years (Health not age). Would I remember you as “Honk” ?