Grimsby Fan Looking For Assistance. SWFC V GTFC 1982

On 27/11/2020 at 22:18, Señor Sam said:

Yes we went to away games in an old removal van. Great (scary) days.

Yes we did. This is Barnsley away 1979. First game of season. Can’t remember how many were in the van but don’t know how we got up White Lane for our first stop at the Norfolk Arms. Maybe you are on there somewhere or recognise some of the people.

Great memories

B784246A-8B9F-4001-B05A-66154608E3AA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Sleepy Joes Cafe said:

Yes we did. This is Barnsley away 1979. First game of season. Can’t remember how many were in the van but don’t know how we got up White Lane for our first stop at the Norfolk Arms. Maybe you are on there somewhere or recognise some of the people.

Great memories

Blooming 'eck !

I never knew photos existed. A few I recognize from the bottom photo.

The lad in the green top was normally the driver, he married Eunice (?) Waller. Squatting down behind him could be Jenks.

Squatting down on the right is either Ian Kirk or he married the Kirk lass.

Standing up on left was from Hoyland/Barnsley, he was a butcher.

I'll see if @Freshfish knows any more. Im probably there but can't see myself.

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

Blimey!! Norman. Nudge. Jenks. Deffo Windsor next to Eunice even if he is blurry. I’ll keep looking ... and what’s his name ... knocked around with Windsor ..from Greno. How I’m seeing everybody is probably how we saw most of the match ...not very clearly!! lol 

Edited by Freshfish

...blimey .. Tim Clarke in ever present combat jacket and sideburns. Can’t remember name of lad with curly hair in front and laughing at the camera! Think lad to left with Wednesday scarf might even be Pash..I recognise the jeans!!! 

1 minute ago, Freshfish said:

...blimey .. Tim Clarke in ever present combat jacket and sideburns. Can’t remember name of lad with curly hair in front and laughing at the camera! Think lad to left with Wednesday scarf might even be Pash..I recognise the jeans!!! 

Think Biffa and Gog would be in there, whos the long haired girl next to Eunice, would it have been Windsors girlfriend ? Yes thats Tim Evans side on.

Ahhh Gog yes !!! Blonde hair. He’s on the van and standing...Biffa would be taller than any other bugger lol 

I can’t make the photos big enough to make out anyone else. Can’t remember Windsor’s gfs name. Surprised Darryl isn’t on there ... you know the other one. 

Just now, Freshfish said:

Ahhh Gog yes !!! Blonde hair. He’s on the van and standing...Biffa would be taller than any other bugger lol 

I can’t make the photos big enough to make out anyone else. Can’t remember Windsor’s gfs name. Surprised Darryl isn’t on there ... you know the other one. 

Yes long haired Darryl, probably still in the bar.

Pete Lawson would also be there and Jimmy,  good mate of the butcher.

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Joes Cafe said:

Nudge

Ey up Nudge, you got me ! Saw Jenks and Marylyn a few times when we lived in Spain, he bought a place about 10 miles up the road from us. Who was Paul Windsors gf ? Did he marry her ?

Guest Therealrealist
7 hours ago, Sleepy Joes Cafe said:

Great memories

Great pics..where is that pub..and is it still there?

1 minute ago, Señor Sam said:

Ey up Nudge, you got me ! Saw Jenks and Marylyn a few times when we lived in Spain, he bought a place about 10 miles up the road from us. Who was Paul Windsors gf ? Did he marry her ?

Ey up Sam guess fresh fish might be Daryl Goddard 

Windsor’s girlfriend the and now is Sue Brookes still together now and live at grenoside. Still big friends with them and Biffer and Bob bailey

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Sleepy Joes Cafe said:

Coach and horses Chapeltown and still there

1 minute ago, Sleepy Joes Cafe said:

Coach and horses Chapeltown and still there

Yeah wasn’t sure it was that..I’m an Ecco lad and we often set off from there on away days..just call it spoons now..I thought it wer waggon and horses for some reason🤔

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Yeah wasn’t sure it was that..I’m an Ecco lad and we often set off from there on away days..just call it spoons now..I thought it wer waggon and horses for some reason🤔

Just realised it’s the one opposite what was the Royal Oak..Eddie housely used to run it?

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Just realised it’s the one opposite what was the Royal Oak..Eddie housely used to run it?

Yes opposite Royal Oak, Burkinshaws used to have it around the time these photos were taken.

13 minutes ago, Sleepy Joes Cafe said:

Ey up Sam guess fresh fish might be Daryl Goddard 

Windsor’s girlfriend the and now is Sue Brookes still together now and live at grenoside. Still big friends with them and Biffer and Bob bailey

Yes you got Freshfish as well ! Is Phylis still around ?