Grimsby Fan Looking For Assistance. SWFC V GTFC 1982

20 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You only sing when your fishing...

A couple of mates and me believe we made this one up one cold night match probably late 70’s. About three of us started singing it and next minute the whole Wednesday end we’re singing along. Great times with chap supporters club from coach and horses.

40 minutes ago, Sleepy Joes Cafe said:

A couple of mates and me believe we made this one up one cold night match probably late 70’s. About three of us started singing it and next minute the whole Wednesday end we’re singing along. Great times with chap supporters club from coach and horses.

You should claimed copyright you would have made about ten quid by now lol .  You and Paul McCartney. 

Played Grimsby on Boxing Day 1983 at their place .. it was so cold and the roads were treacherous. Hit black ice and managed to skate over it but the car behind went straight into a snow filled field... probably had a better experience. It was so so cold and we lost 1-0. And the game was seriously poo. 

6 hours ago, Sleepy Joes Cafe said:

Yes we went to away games in an old removal van. Great (scary) days.

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

13 hours ago, Freshfish said:

Played Grimsby on Boxing Day 1983 at their place .. it was so cold and the roads were treacherous. Hit black ice and managed to skate over it but the car behind went straight into a snow filled field... probably had a better experience. It was so so cold and we lost 1-0. And the game was seriously poo. 

That was the game when their was a seriously horrendous crush outside , i remember a bloke getting separated from his lad who was about 10 years old or so in the melee.

He was obviously really panicking , the lad had been pushed between me and two of my mates and we just about managed to keep him on his feet (thankfully my two mates were big lads and stronger than me ).

I remember when they finally opened the big wooden gate and we got inside we were all shaking like a $hitting dogs and we were grown young men , the young lad must have been terrified.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

That was the game when their was a seriously horrendous crush outside , i remember a bloke getting separated from his lad who was about 10 years old or so in the melee.

He was obviously really panicking , the lad had been pushed between me and two of my mates and we just about managed to keep him on his feet (thankfully my two mates were big lads and stronger than me ).

I remember when they finally opened the big wooden gate and we got inside we were all shaking like a $hitting dogs and we were grown young men , the young lad must have been terrified.

i was 12/13 at the time, bloody awful crush outside with police horses banging in to everyone to make it even worse. i think it was the only time we lost 2 games in a row all season.

song of the day 'findus fish is ******** horrible'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matt68owls said:

i was 12/13 at the time, bloody awful crush outside with police horses banging in to everyone to make it even worse. i think it was the only time we lost 2 games in a row all season.

song of the day 'findus fish is ******** horrible'

There might be a reason for that............................i saw all the players in town the previous midweek on their christmas jolly and it looked................er........lively!!