Who are the biggest winners and losers due to Pulis's arrival?

7 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Sounds like someone from the local monastery....

Let's hope that is not the case and pulis has a plan which it never felt like monk had

I wouldn’t dispute that Pulis will come with a plan, at least one that might benefit us in the short term. Monk was clueless in that respect. This is now though, another short term approach by the chairman, not dissimilar to most of his other appointments, but the football will be worse

Edited by gurujuan

43 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I wouldn’t dispute that Pulis will come with a plan, at least one that might benefit us in the short term. Monk was clueless in that respect. This is now though, another short term approach by the chairman, not dissimilar to most of his other appointments, but the football will be worse

Agreed it is short term, my preference would have been Ryan Lowe in order to start building for the future, but the chairman has chosen, maybe it is all linked to staying up and selling who knows

On 14/11/2020 at 13:21, MrEdwards said:

Losers:

Izzy Brown - wrong system for him, Alex Hunt - will be seen as too lightweight despite the fact he loves a tackle,

Cameron Dawson - Pulis won't play a keeper that parries shots,

possibly Adam Reach - can see Pulis losing patience with him quickly

Matt Penney - isn't defensive enough for a Pulis left back, or fast enough for a Pulis winger when we have Harris Reach and Odubajo available. Could be preferred eventually at LB for his set pieces though. 

Bannan: this isn't as cut and dried as everyone thinks, Bannan could fit in to a Pulis team - but I suspect he will be expected to play more defensive and will quickly have set pieces taken off of him. 

Winners: 

Moses Odubajo - will be played as a winger not a CB

Kadeem Harris - will be played on the right as a forward and not a full back. 

Callum Paterson - will score some goals and get some more game time. Until January when a proper CF eg. Gestede will come in. 

Wildsmith - will take Dawsons place as number 1.

I think Pulis will play Westwood ahead of the others for the first 3 game. Then, after he's seen he's as not as good as he thought he was it'll be Dawson for 3 games before realising he's worse than Westwood, then it'll be Wildsmith again as No 1, as he can kick it long (accurately), throw it well (quickly), is confident with the ball at his feet (unlike Westwood or Dawson) and is a great stopper. He needs to get Wildsmith's head sorted out to completely boss the 6yd box and we will have a great keeper on our books.