Who are the biggest winners and losers due to Pulis's arrival?

6 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

My thinking on him not playing wasn't anything to do with his character, it's to do with the fact that he's no longer the keeper that he was.

He's done nothing for a year and prior to that his form was just getting worse.

I think it's character based-I completely agree his form fell off but you would expect the incumbent to lose their place and fight it out with the understudy for that no1 spot. With us it was a case Westwood got dropped and never got an oppurtunity to reclaim that place. How do you go from no1 keep to not being the reserve keeper? why was he not registered? it points to a fall out and being frozen out. 

Also when he lost his place under Jos he was playing badly, Bruce brought him back and he played well again. 

7 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think it's character based-I completely agree his form fell off but you would expect the incumbent to lose their place and fight it out with the understudy for that no1 spot. With us it was a case Westwood got dropped and never got an oppurtunity to reclaim that place. How do you go from no1 keep to not being the reserve keeper? why was he not registered? it points to a fall out and being frozen out. 

Also when he lost his place under Jos he was playing badly, Bruce brought him back and he played well again. 

Or possibly it points to not wanting to fight for his place. He had intimated several times prior to this that he struggled to train properly.

It's all supposition I know, just my thoughts obviously but I don't think we'll see him play again for Wednesday.

15 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Or possibly it points to not wanting to fight for his place. He had intimated several times prior to this that he struggled to train properly.

It's all supposition I know, just my thoughts obviously but I don't think we'll see him play again for Wednesday.

We will know in a few years when they start appearing on podcasts etc. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

What’s keeping him out? Fall-out with the previous management or injuries? If it is injuries then he seriously needs to consider retiring as he has been unavailable for more time than not with us.

He's not in the 25 man first team squad.

• Like 1

Pulis probably won't take a second look if someone starts questioning training. That is fine by me, they get paid well enough to do some work whenever told and no moaning should be tolerated.

It is going to be interesting to see how things develop if Westwood is back in the squad before January (I think it's possible if TP wants to).

2 hours ago, FinnishOwl said:

Pulis probably won't take a second look if someone starts questioning training. That is fine by me, they get paid well enough to do some work whenever told and no moaning should be tolerated.

It is going to be interesting to see how things develop if Westwood is back in the squad before January (I think it's possible if TP wants to).

Who knows..we may play our best players.  In their best positions.. 

5 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Winners:

Westwood, Penney and Rhodes will be delighted due to a change in manager as were frozen out

Patterson should fit Pulis's style to a T due to his long throw, shithousery and the only target man at the club

Similarily with Windass (who will also be delighted that Cook hasn't arrived)

Losers:

Bannan-on record as saying Pulis was not a fan of him

Reach who will be expected to be much more tenacious than he is

Van Aken as I can't see how Pulis would value a defender with his qualities 

Who do people reckon will be the winners and losers here?

Biggest winners - Pulis/Stuffing Boy

Biggest losers - The fans