Who are the biggest winners and losers due to Pulis's arrival?

Winners:

Westwood, Penney and Rhodes will be delighted due to a change in manager as were frozen out

Patterson should fit Pulis's style to a T due to his long throw, shithousery and the only target man at the club

Similarily with Windass (who will also be delighted that Cook hasn't arrived)

Losers:

Bannan-on record as saying Pulis was not a fan of him

Reach who will be expected to be much more tenacious than he is

Van Aken as I can't see how Pulis would value a defender with his qualities 

Who do people reckon will be the winners and losers here?

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Winners:

Westwood, Penney and Rhodes will be delighted due to a change in manager as were frozen out

Patterson should fit Pulis's style to a T due to his long throw, shithousery and the only target man at the club

Losers:

To be fair Bannan was on record of being critical of Pulis' style some years ago.

Having since played under Jos and more recently Monk, he may at least be relieved that we might actually have some success playing a similar style!

I expect he will leave in the summer, something I think he would have done regardless of who is in charge. I was surprised he signed a new deal to stay with us last time his contract was coming to an end. 

12 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Winners:

Losers:

No losses there, okay Bannan is our most gifted player but he's suffered playing in a faltering team.

• Like 1

It will be an interesting one.

There will possibly be some players who flourish who we've previously written off as a bust flush.

Bannan stature will work against him no doubt.

However, he's tenacious and ironically our best long accurate passer.

We might see him deployed as a pinger or perhaps slinging things in from the left?

Pulis is a disciplinarian and a big believer in everyone training. 

Those factors may or may not open the door to some players. 

Allegedly.

Who knows.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

To be fair Bannan was on record of being critical of Pulis' style some years ago.

Having since played under Jos and more recently Monk, he may at least be relieved that we might actually have some success playing a similar style!

I expect he will leave in the summer, something I think he would have done regardless of who is in charge. I was surprised he signed a new deal to stay with us last time his contract was coming to an end. 

I don't think Pulis will make Bannan the focal point of our team like he is currently, which in a respect you are right-may be good for Bannnan

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Paterson is not a target man. We have no target men. 

The one small thing I have noticed with Paterson is that he does back into defenders , Pulis may like that aspect and try and get people around him from midfield. 

I wouldn't rules out him being pushed to full back though. Especially with his throw. 

Losers:

Izzy Brown - wrong system for him, Alex Hunt - will be seen as too lightweight despite the fact he loves a tackle,

Cameron Dawson - Pulis won't play a keeper that parries shots,

possibly Adam Reach - can see Pulis losing patience with him quickly

Matt Penney - isn't defensive enough for a Pulis left back, or fast enough for a Pulis winger when we have Harris Reach and Odubajo available. Could be preferred eventually at LB for his set pieces though. 

Bannan: this isn't as cut and dried as everyone thinks, Bannan could fit in to a Pulis team - but I suspect he will be expected to play more defensive and will quickly have set pieces taken off of him. 

Winners: 

Moses Odubajo - will be played as a winger not a CB

Kadeem Harris - will be played on the right as a forward and not a full back. 

Callum Paterson - will score some goals and get some more game time. Until January when a proper CF eg. Gestede will come in. 

Wildsmith - will take Dawsons place as number 1.