30 Years Ago Today.

Thanks for sharing that - 30 years ago? Good grief!! Remember it almost like yesterday.

I was living in Manchester at the time, came back over to Sheff for the weekend, took my dad to this match and was just great watching this team - so much quality and passion right throughout the squad. Just watching it again reminds me of why I fell in love with Wednesday - I would always have said 83/84 was my fave season, but am now thinking 90/91 might just shave it..... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, owler66 said:

Paul Warhurst showing a glimpse of things to come 

Warhurst with two assists from right back in the first half, wearing no3...

Nice to see tricky Trev in the second half on the left wing. Now I understand why Tricky Trev signed Warhurst. 

15 hours ago, alanharper said:

That was the weirdest game, we absolutely battered them for almost the whole game, yet found ourselves 2 goals down and had to rely on a couple of pens to sneak a draw - it was like playing FIFA

Similarly we absolutely hammered West Ham and scored in the first minute but ended up with just a 1-1 draw, and played very well at Oldham on the final day yet lost 3-2 (after being 2 up if memory serves). Results that cost us the league title that we'd have won if those games had gone the way our play deserved.

Oh, and...30 years? Bloody hell...

And Millwall away. We were 2-0 up in the first half then half the team got injured and think we actually lost 4-2 in the end. It was quite a bizarre match.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Warhurst with two assists from right back in the first half, wearing no3...

Nice to see tricky Trev in the second half on the left wing. Now I understand why Tricky Trev signed Warhurst. 

Did he also give away the first penalty?

Paid £3.50 to stand on the kop and watch this beauty of a game. We never got going until we were 2-0 down a few times that season; as has been said already it cost us the title but promotion was the main prize and the entertainment was unreal. 

We absolutely hammered Oldham as shown even in these brief highlights yet needed 2 penalties to get a draw. In a season of memorable moments, this was one of the best performances along with Chelsea at home, West Ham at home and Oldham in the away game on the last day of the  season when we got mugged by an outrageous penalty decision. Some truly great players who formed the basis of the '93 team.