Scoring Goals

Scoring goals has been a real problem for us for some time, I couldn't remember the last time we scored 2 goals (not including pens) in consecutive league games, so I looked it up - last time was the first two games of last season (Reading 1-3 SWFC / SWFC 2-0 Barnsley) - so over a season's worth of games without scoring 2 goals in consecutive games, God knows how we got to 3rd last Christmas...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Scoring goals has been a real problem for us for some time, I couldn't remember the last time we scored 2 goals (not including pens) in consecutive league games, so I looked it up - last time was the first two games of last season (Reading 1-3 SWFC / SWFC 2-0 Barnsley) - so over a season's worth of games without scoring 2 goals in consecutive games, God knows how we got to 3rd last Christmas...

Thats a very worrying stat.  I don't know how to feel at the moment.  On the one hand we have a good variety of options up front but on the other hand how many are windass, Patterson and kachunga going to get between them? Maybe 15? 

Relying on regular goals from centre backs at set pieces just isn't wise. 

Like others have said Brown seems to be the key in the supply chain and if reach can find form then I'm tempted to say those two are probably the most important players for us this year. 

• Like 1