First time in a while.....

5 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Agreed. I was being overly cautious. If we assume that the regular 50 pts should do it then we are aiming for around 62 pts. Not impossible but recruitment must be good on a shoe string budget and our awful form must be rectified. 

50 points or more has only been needed to stay up 5 times in the last 20 years.  The average is 46 points over the same period.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't necessarily disagree on Nuhiu,not deadwood though as you referred to and having 12/13 players that Monk used regularly as the basis of the squad doesn't quite equate to the 'fresh start' you referred to either.  

He’s hardly had chance to bring his own players in so he’s had to play someone from our squad. Either need to open your eyes a bit or stop being pedantic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robowl4life said:

He’s hardly had chance to bring his own players in so he’s had to play someone from our squad. Either need to open your eyes a bit or stop being pedantic. 

Open my eyes to what? 

Are you expecting us to sign 6-8 players or more that will go into the first 11 and be a significant improvement on the likes of Fletcher, Murphy. Lee and Fox?

If so on what basis? You are feeling optimistic on what basis? 12 points behind, lost the few players who did perform under Monk and need to attract better players than we have to a team that are starting with that disadvantage. Reasons to be optimistic indeed!

9 hours ago, Plonk said:

So last Summer we had an experienced manager with a track record of promotions, some decent signings and a good end to the previous season. 

This Summer, we have a manager with an average at best record, we’ve lost our top scorer, most creative player and a quality defensive midfielder. We have one striker whose forgot how to score, a squad that scored 24 goals between them last season, and we are starting on minus twelve points on the back of being awful from Christmas on.

I can understand why your more optimistic this summer. It’s going to be great.

Said 'experenced Manager' stopped for how long?? just remind me,? i will help you out 18 games...and he failed didnt he? didnt get us promoted,or into the 'play offs'  so high is 'the bar' for success....at S6...Than he left,despite accepting a contract....Monk on the other hand,on 23 Games got us to third,and challenging for an automatic spot,before being let down(allegedly) by his Players....Bruce should not be used as a comparison,against Monk.One didnt stay,and one has.

Bruce himself nearly jacked it all in after his time at SU,and went on to manage 4 Clubs,in 3 Years before he hit 'success'...2 of his previous Clubs,Hull & Birmingham in the 'doldrums' &It remains to be seen if he will survive at Newcastle for the coming season....

I prefer to look to the future,and support our Manager & our team..IF they prove worthy(of it)..WAWAW

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

50 points or more has only been needed to stay up 5 times in the last 20 years.  The average is 46 points over the same period.

Even better then, although I wouldn't want us to be running it that tight and hoping other relegation candidates hit the average. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Open my eyes to what? 

Are you expecting us to sign 6-8 players or more that will go into the first 11 and be a significant improvement on the likes of Fletcher, Murphy. Lee and Fox?

If so on what basis? You are feeling optimistic on what basis? 12 points behind, lost the few players who did perform under Monk and need to attract better players than we have to a team that are starting with that disadvantage. Reasons to be optimistic indeed!

I see you’re a glass half full kind of person...

lol 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

I see you’re a glass half full kind of person...

lol 

Been watching us too long for that, my glass has got a hole in it!

:bullen:

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Open my eyes to what? 

Mate,Fletcher was ok,but injury prone...rarely got more than a dozen goals a season,Fox,improved,but bang average Championship Player in my view,Murphy,(back i believe on loan) Lee,no youngster now,and probably good for what 20 + games ,before alleged form loss?..I do believe we can attract potentially players 'as good' if not better, we had better be able to,because that is our future...

Reach,Wildsmith,Dawson, to name but 3 need to step up,improve their consistency,and improve,or be moved on....too...

20 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Hutchinson wasn't, he was nowhere near, Nuhiu although never likely to be first choice did a decent job at times and was always willing and available and has been praised by the younger players for his positive influence, hardly deadwood. 

That just leaves Forestieri in this major clear out of 'deadwood'.

I wish people like you would stop calling them deadwood, players move on for various reasons, just to label them all deadwood is just not fair and not right, can you name me one player who you considered deadwood?

9 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I wish people like you would stop calling them deadwood, players move on for various reasons, just to label them all deadwood is just not fair and not right, can you name me one player who you considered deadwood?

9 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I dont use that term either mate,TBH.....but i couldnt resist offering one 'Obvious' candidate for that title!!!!...any idea who i might have in mind? ha ha......

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

I dont use that term either mate,TBH.....but i couldnt resist offering one 'Obvious' candidate for that title!!!!...any idea who i might have in mind? ha ha......

Having a bit of fun, people do get hung up on labels, Mr Hirsty will be along shortly 🙂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, daleblue said:

It seems you have completely missed the point as I have been calling people out for saying we have got rid of lots of deadwood when this isn't the case. I suggest you read the thread in more detail before having a go at me for this as my viewpoint is the same as yours.

:ghoulguy:

13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It seems you have completely missed the point as I have been calling people out for saying we have got rid of lots of deadwood when this isn't the case. I suggest you read the thread in more detail before having a go at me for this as my viewpoint is the same as yours.

:ghoulguy:

If you had read the posts after that one you would have seen I was having fun, nothing malicious mind.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

If you had read the posts after that one you would have seen I was having fun, nothing malicious mind.

Hilarious! 

Bigger fish to be fried today it would seem.

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Hilarious! 

Bigger fish to be fried today it would seem.

Well I thought it was funny, to be fair I saw your argument  like a couple of kids in a playground, so that's why 

I poked fun, like I said nothing malicious.