First time in a while.....

Really optimistic & looking forward to the start of the Season.I wasn't really convinced by Bruce's limited time here,(though he proved me wrong.with his Newcastle revival.) & the thought of just seeing the same old faces on the pitch(and often same lack lustre performances)....just left me not convinced we would be good enough with this squad to mount a sustained promotion push.

Now even though we have a -12 deduction,and some of the original squad remaining,(still)new signings,fresher legs,a change in Coaching staff(GK Coach much needed!!) & a chance now to rebuild,has left me looking forward to the seasons challenges.

Hopefully we can sign a decent few more players before 'kick off' bring back Murphy for another season,get CW back from Palace, & and maybe loan a Premier League team striker,or my preference,sign Kieffer Moore.Time will tell..dont really know why,some will say ime talking sh**e (wouldnt be the first time) But i really do have a good feeling about what this next season will bring   WAWAW

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Kiefer Moore has gone to Cardiff 

Hadnt seen that so cheers,decent signing for them,what did he go far,can you remember  what Wigan got for him please?.Just looked 2 Million, + his wages obviously,cheap really,but not sure we could have afforded his wages?

Edited by parajack

I'm extremely excited at the opportunity to make a fresh start and I do think Chansiri is turning a corner and the recruitment is better. 

However it will all be for nothing if we get relegated this season and go down to league one with that salary cap

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Hadnt seen that so cheers,decent signing for them,what did he go far,can you remember  what Wigan got for him please?

Cardiff paid £2m, so was probably out of our price range.  Hopefully we are after similar types of player but think we are shopping in the bargain bucket market 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Cardiff paid £2m, so was probably out of our price range.  Hopefully we are after similar types of player but think we are shopping in the bargain bucket market 

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yeah,he netted 10 times for Wigan last season,so would have liked more goals from a striker coming in,but would have been nice to see goals of this type

of quality at S6...been a while....

21 minutes ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

I’d settle for us to just play some exciting football from time to time.

This is absolutely it. Give it a good go. If we lose, we lose fighting. 

If we finish mid table but have laid a glove on every team that comes to Hillsborough then I won't be too disgruntled. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Our form since Christmas, poor football, frees and loans coming in. Massive gaps in the squad and 12 points to make up. It's going to be another struggle to get the 65 points needed. 

Luckily not much money around unless you get failure payments, to that end I think mid 40's will be enough to stay in the division for me 57 points or there abouts will be enough but that's still 19 wins, for a team that has won just 4 of its last 23 games. 

Too many gaps in the team, players need bringing in now, not the end of the transfer window when we could be 7-10 games into the season and further adrift. I just don't understand why we always appear so under prepared every season.

I hope for the best but fear the worse it's the Wednesday way under the current owner.

Edited by room0035
  • Like 1

Guest Theboylangers

I'd be more optimistic if we weren't giving the other 23 teams a 12 point advantage. 

It's going to take a small miracle to get us out of this one. 

19 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Our form since Christmas, poor football, frees and loans coming in. Massive gaps in the squad and 12 points to make up. It's going to be another struggle to get the 65 points needed. 

Piece of \pi**  we will be challenging for the Play offs before you know it.....

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Really optimistic & looking forward to the start of the Season.I wasn't really convinced by Bruce's limited time here,(though he proved me wrong.with his Newcastle revival.) & the thought of just seeing the same old faces on the pitch(and often same lack lustre performances)....just left me not convinced we would be good enough with this squad to mount a sustained promotion push.

Now even though we have a -12 deduction,and some of the original squad remaining,(still)new signings,fresher legs,a change in Coaching staff(GK Coach much needed!!) & a chance now to rebuild,has left me looking forward to the seasons challenges.

Hopefully we can sign a decent few more players before 'kick off' bring back Murphy for another season,get CW back from Palace, & and maybe loan a Premier League team striker,or my preference,sign Kieffer Moore.Time will tell..dont really know why,some will say ime talking sh**e (wouldnt be the first time) But i really do have a good feeling about what this next season will bring   WAWAW

I was more optimistic when I saw some of the targets we were linked with. Like you, I think we deal with the points deduction, and lay a platform for the following year. I guess as the start date approaches, I’m starting to get a bit nervous about whether we’ll get those targets. You say, hopefully we’ll sign a few more players before kick off, we simply have to. We would struggle to form an eleven from what we currently have. Pull off the signings we are supposedly aiming for, and I’d be confident we’d be heading in the right direction

• Like 1