The Odubajo Effect

On 10/07/2020 at 21:33, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

No doubt, but pointless unless the rest of it is sorted.

Well, if the rest isn't going to change, and it doesn't seem like it really will any time soon, then we could be just sitting around with Monk for a very long time saying "well there's no point changing". I don't think that's really a sensible way to go about things.

Monk just isn't good enough, and i don't get the impression that he's giving feedback to Chansiri saying "this is what we need to do", it just feels like he's idling along hoping for a bigger club to come knocking. If we had a manager who wanted to be invested in this club, then they'd likely go into meeting with Chansiri saying what we needed to do, where as it feels like Monk is just a yes man looking for his next stepping stone.

24 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Well, if the rest isn't going to change, and it doesn't seem like it really will any time soon, then we could be just sitting around with Monk for a very long time saying "well there's no point changing". I don't think that's really a sensible way to go about things.

Monk just isn't good enough, and i don't get the impression that he's giving feedback to Chansiri saying "this is what we need to do", it just feels like he's idling along hoping for a bigger club to come knocking. If we had a manager who wanted to be invested in this club, then they'd likely go into meeting with Chansiri saying what we needed to do, where as it feels like Monk is just a yes man looking for his next stepping stone.

Bet Garry is praying Steve Lansdown gives him a call from Bristol.

7 hours ago, cookeh said:

You're entitled to your opinion, but you deduced an awful lot there. Your impressions are unlikely to reflect reality and I'm not being unkind there. We're all scrabbling around in the dark without knowing a thing about what is going on behind closed doors.

9 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

You're entitled to your opinion, but you deduced an awful lot there. Your impressions are unlikely to reflect reality and I'm not being unkind there. We're all scrabbling around in the dark without knowing a thing about what is going on behind closed doors.

Fair.

I don't feel like Monk is invested in the club.If he got a better offer he'd be gone in a flash and if he got fired he'd shrug and be onto the next one.

But i guess the wider point is that if we're struggling (which we are) and all we can change is the manager.. then changing the manager is still the single most important thing we can do.

• Like 1

Guest hirstysfags

Take him out of the penalty area melting pot and he looks good. I thought he had a great game last night and Saturday. Attacks with pace. He doesn't lack confidence, just a bit of composure now and again,

On 09/07/2020 at 01:08, Tommo_ said:

It's like Monk wants to lose his job.

When on the front foot and you want to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, throw on Odubajo.

He's as bad a player as Fox. Half the squad are league 1 standard at best. The other half are mid championship standard. Outcome? Relegation battle.

9 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

He's as bad a player as Fox. Half the squad are league 1 standard at best. The other half are mid championship standard. Outcome? Relegation battle.

As bad as we've played this season without the EFL sanction we wouldnt be in a relegation battle at all we'd be what we are...a midtable side in  transition 

• Like 1

On 09/07/2020 at 07:56, @owlstalk said:

I'm not comfortable with scapegoating a player who never goes hiding

If anything he tries too hard and gets in a mess because of it

But right now when there have been players going missing, taking our club for serious money, sitting back with 'injuries' I don't think that scapegoating a player who has never gone missing on us is the classy thing to do.

If he's not good enough then he's not good enough. 

But if he's trying for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club then he needs credit for that and not attacking.

He just needs taking out of the side not  ripping to pieces by wild wolves

Can I get a amen!