New ticketing supplier - virtual tickets?

Not sure why we've bothered with a new supplier - what are we buying tickets for in the next few months, maybe:

• Entry into a raffle for a signed 2005 Playoff final t-shirt
  • Visiting the new Hillsborough museum - highlights being our retro Victorian toilets, and one for the archeologists, the faded Presto advertising
  • Grand opening of his and hers Megastore changing rooms
  • Visiting Paxo's bunker - witness the exact location where all the recruitment mistakes are rubber stamped
  • DC's smoking room - he might 'officially smoke' behind the south, when he wants some fan feedback (what do you mean you don't understand "we were reet poo today...agin" but in reality he's got a John West themed joint billiards and smoking sanctuary

PS Just got this error message when clicking on the link to reset password (as advised by the club) to be able to use the new system. No real surprise, it's another example of 'the Wednesday way'

Oops! a general exception has occured, please refer to the system administrator for further details...

I wouldn't be worried about this one.

SeatGeek is a secondary ticket marketplace in the US. A few years ago they broadened their role in the industry by also becoming a ticket issuer, and are now the official ticketing provider for the Dallas Cowboys and New Orleans Saints. In 2017 they acquired a ticketing tech company called TopTix, who were already issuing tickets for a few Premier League clubs.

There might be a few hiccups and issues along the way, but I think the tech would be sound, as long as the club knows how to use it.

Edited by bobness

Guest Therealrealist

Why on earth do we need a ticket partner or wotever they are..the supply allways outweighs demand..just go down to shop and get one..or pay on day

Guest Grez Bez
6 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Why on earth do we need a ticket partner or wotever they are..the supply allways outweighs demand..just go down to shop and get one..or pay on day

Do you work in the industry?

15 minutes ago, bobness said:

SeatGeek is a secondary ticket marketplace in the US. A few years ago they broadened their role in the industry by also becoming a ticket issuer, and are now the official ticketing provider for the Dallas Cowboys and New Orleans Saints. In 2017 they acquired a ticketing tech company called TopTix, who were already issuing tickets for a few Premier League clubs.

There might be a few hiccups and issues along the way, but I think the tech would be sound, as long as the club knows how to use it.

We have Alistair at SWFC

Hes the best 

He will sort it 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, bobness said:

Wonder if we told them about the 7k tickets we can never sell that they consequently cant earn a fee on!! Prob signed up thinking we have large ground capacity.

😁😁😁😁

Let's hope they, aren't cowboys like one of their Dallas customers

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

I'm not sure what the tech offering is, but there are quite a few possibilities

1. Use your mobile as your ticket, and use the same app to pay for things around the ground

2. Transfer tickets to family and friends (if club policies allow for it)

3. Resell tickets on an authorised marketplace (if the club policies allow for it - could be useful for the League 1 playoffs next year)

4. Purchase extra tickets on the mobile app

5. Seat relocation if you want to sit with your non-season ticket holder friends (aka plastic fans) for a specific match

6. With a mobile app, the club can perform targeted marketing

7. Mobile app integration with D-Taxis, so you can get a cab home after the match

Guest Grez Bez
20 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Which industry?

Ticketing. You seem to be speaking as a subject matter expert?

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Grez Bez said:

Ticketing. You seem to be speaking as a subject matter expert?

Eh?? Quite the opposite..I havnt got a clue why we need a ‘ticketpartner’..or wot ever it is.

.nobody else does by the look of it

3 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Eh?? Quite the opposite..I havnt got a clue why we need a ‘ticketpartner’..or wot ever it is.

.nobody else does by the look of it

Do not most live venues use ticketing agencies these days.  They have the online technology and capability to allow us to log on, create accounts and easily select and purchase tickets.  I have not found logging on (after initial teething problem) to be a real issue and have set up an account ready for next season.  I assume that the system has been changed to a supplier offering a superior service at a competitive price.  The days of going down to the ground to buy a physical ticket of a real person are well behind us now.  Will have to see how it handles when things start up proper again though.

• Like 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"