Return to football on the 5th October reported

12 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Those dates to me look about right.

I doubt any are set in stone just a framework for getting back to 'normal'.

I wonder if smaller sporting events will be allowed to start before such as non league games. But I suppose these have a danger of attracting much, much higher crowds then normal in these circumstances.

Only if they have a antidote.not going to happen for a long time.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 20.51.45.jpg

The Daily Mail have published what they believe to be the government's plans for end to lockdown.

5th October is the date they claim sports fans could finally return to watch live sports.

Why share speculative böllox from a Shít rag of a newspaper though? They’ve about as much idea as us and it’s just planting the idea in the heads of idiots that they can go out and put people at risk 

Edited by SettleForADraw

Guest struckanerve

Optimistic, I think it more likely to be October 2021. Considering the flu season will be starting up again by October, and I can't see a mass available cure by 6 months time.

5 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

Why share speculative böllox from a Shít rag of a newspaper though? They’ve about as much idea as us and it’s just planting the idea in the heads of idiots that they can go out and put people at risk 

I'll remember to ask your opinion on what we should discuss and what we shouldn't from now on mate..

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, struckanerve said:

Optimistic, I think it more likely to be October 2021. Considering the flu season will be starting up again by October, and I can't see a mass available cure by 6 months time.

That's the thing, a second winter wave. 

Can't be avoided without a vaccine surely

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, SettleForADraw said:

Wasn’t telling you what to discuss, was merely asking a question.

It's in the news mate.

You know... topical...

And it mentions when football might return

You know..

Football

Football...

News....

Topical....

Football....

News....

Football....

Owlstalk Shop

49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The fact I'm still having to mention it shows just how much of a problem it is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52568698

Today's Government spokes person described media reports on lock down easing as 'not a reliable guide'. 

Guess he shouldn't attack the media though.  

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52568698

Today's Government spokes person described media reports on lock down easing as 'not a reliable guide'. 

Guess he shouldn't attack the media though.  

Not sure what point you're trying to make

Are you trying to say that this site should just be one where you post a quote from someone and then it is just a free for all attack on that pundit?

Is that what you're arguing for?

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure what point you're trying to make

Are you trying to say that this site should just be one where you post a quote from someone and then it is just a free for all attack on that pundit?

Is that what you're arguing for?

As per my previous post I am stating that you shouldn't believe all that you read in the media, especially when the media come up with different versions of the same thing.

Specifically to this topic, the government - who make the rules regarding lock down - have stated the newspapers are not a reliable guide on this subject.

Some people in this thread have had the temerity to say the same thing and you have slated them for it.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

As per my previous post I am stating that you shouldn't believe all that you read in the media, especially when the media come up with different versions of the same thing.

Specifically to this topic, the government - who make the rules regarding lock down - have stated the newspapers are not a reliable guide on this subject.

Some people in this thread have had the temerity to say the same thing and you have slated them for it.

Point me to any posts I've made saying believe all you read in the media.

In fact just one will do

I"ll wait...

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Point me to any posts I've made saying believe all you read in the media.

In fact just one will do

I"ll wait...

I never said you did, I asked a question, but why are you so keen to be critical of posters when they say they don't believe this is 100% accurate?

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

why are you so keen to be critical of posters when they say they don't believe this is 100% accurate?

More to the point why, after all these hours and hours of me explaining it to you, do you still not get the bigger point about turning all threads into a pundit/publication bashing exercise and not debating the point?

It's like you're deliberately trolling the site on this point.

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

why are you so keen to be critical of posters when they say they don't believe this is 100% accurate?

You know this topic?

Yeah

Let's talk about that.

Who said it though?

Eh?

Who said the quote in the topic.

Dont' worry about that. Let's discuss the topic

Yeah but someone said it. The quote. Someone said it

Yeah but don't worry about that. Stick to the TOPIC

Hang on though.. let's talk about who said it, and slag them off

NO... Stick to the topic. Otherwise it just becomes another slanging match right?

I want to slag him off though

NO.. dont' do that mate you'll ruin the thread. Let's stick to the topic and discuss that. Like it should be.

Yeah but...

NO NO NO... stick to the topic. You know what the topic is.. stick to that and the thread will go well and we can have a mature debate about it.

Yeah but I want to slag him off..

I know you do... I know. But let's stick to the topic. Maybe if you want to discuss the pundit, start a new thread about them, with the title of the topic being their name and then you have a full thread all about them where you can discuss them there?

Yeah but not but yeah but I wanna slag him off in THIS topic

Why?

Because he said something...

So why not start a new thread about them and discuss their qualifications, or skills as a journalist or brodcaster? THAT would be the right thing to do

Yeah but I wanna trample all over THIS thread instead in order to look reyt cool n that.

No.. stick to the topic

But I wanna slag em off. Why can't I slag em off? Why shouldn't I be able to just slag em off in this thread all over this thread in this thread?

Because like I've said many MANY times it ruins the threads if you do that because every thread becomes a slanging match about the pundit. Why not start a new thread about the pundit and discuss them in there?

Yeah but no but yeah but I wanna slag em off in this thread....

*repeat forever*

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

More to the point why, after all these hours and hours of me explaining it to you, do you still not get the bigger point about turning all threads into a pundit/publication bashing exercise and not debating the point?

It's like you're deliberately trolling the site on this point.

On the subject of this topic - the easing of lock down - I've posted a link to direct quotes made by the government on this issue today, don't think you get more to the point of the debate than that.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

On the subject of this topic - the easing of lock down - I've posted a link to direct quotes made by the government on this issue today, don't think you get more to the point of the debate than that.

Why not simply stick to that then?

You were doing so well doing that

Now you've gone into Hilda Ogden mode, tramping into other people's discussions about how the site is run and as always missing the bigger picture of what we're trying to achieve by not having every. single. thread. derailed by conversations like this one.

ffs

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Onge said:

This all relies on there not being a second wave that forces everything to be shut down again. Given how badly the government have handled this thus far, it wouldn't surprise me if that happened.

Many of us sit on different sides of the political fence, but I share your fear.

Forget that they are Tory - they are simply inept. I think they will go too soon and too fast, and the UK will end up with higher deaths, more lockdowns, and a more deeply damaged economy than almost every other country in Europe.

Which in turn will mean later football. Though in the scheme of things that’s not important of course.